Dont bother with meals, take a pill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Kirstie said:
So is the repetition part the bit you don't like, ie having to do it every day and decide every day? If so, the solution is:
1. plan the week's meals
2. buy in bulk
3. cook in bulk and freeze
4. microwave and add a carb and some veg.

What do you like to eat? Surely making them eat your favourite meals will act as a form of 'revenge' ;)

I'll try that Kirstie ... but even thinking about food when I'm not hungry makes we want to go for a ride.... I love fish... I have to cook it in the garage because nobody else can stand it. So far nobody has said " yes it's all a bloody nuisance I'd rather not be bothered" so I seem to be in the minority. Nothing new there then:biggrin: Off to the shops so select a slow acting poison......:biggrin:

fuzzymum1

bobg said:
So far nobody has said " yes it's all a bloody nuisance I'd rather not be bothered" so I seem to be in the minority.

Sometimes I feel like that. I enjoy cooking sometimes, I've been told I'm quite good at it but the day in day out monotony of it gets boring. That being said I love to cook if we have people over, I'm a feeder - I show people I care by feeding them, but I still find the day to day necessity dull beyond belief sometimes.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
yipee thanks Fuzzy, that's two of us then.:ohmy: I didn't go shopping today I rebelled and rode and rode, came back and read about riding. Now I'm hungry.....

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
beanzontoast said:
Whay not have your shopping delivered? Then you've only got to cook and wash up!

I really need a little man/woman who "does". He said carefully avoiding the fate of LinfordLB in yesterdays thread :ohmy:

yoyo

Anything to do with household chores is mind numbingly boring. In order to ensure that I have any free time for cycling / music practice, I either cook in bulk and freeze or I do a slow cooking casserole that simply cannot spoil if left in the oven. A combination microwave is good too and a roast dinner for three (small joint) can be on the table within half and hour from scratch. You do need to plan how speedily meals can be cooked and maximize your free time. I can identify how you feel when they return at the end of the day and there is nothing ready for them

bonj2

Why bother wtih meals, good point. But, by the same token, why bother with anything? Why bother with cycling? You wouldn't need to stay lean, as your pill could control that, so just connect your brain to an endorphin pump and sit in front of a computer simulator.
Why bother with tennis? Just decide what side of the net the ball's going to stay on at the start, rather than effectively having a constant argument about which side it's going to be on - and flip a dice for who wins. As for football...christ, don't get me started on that!
In fact, why not just be a bloody BRAIN IN A JAR...:rolleyes:;)

Keith Oates

Janner
rich p said:
Meal times are (especially when my kids were still at home) a great time for social interaction and I'd miss the general chit chat that goes with it.
If I were living alone I think a pill might do every so often - or failing that, baked beans straight from the tin!

I still do that at times, it's OK with some brown bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom