Dont let abuse from motorists spoil your day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So are you now likening riding two abreast to football hooliganism? That is an horrendous comparison. One is done for the sake of safety the other caused by a bunch of knuckle dragging a-holes who a looking for a punch up or some shops to trash. I find the comparison highly offensive indeed.

Yes - but the fact that i like football dosnt meant that i have to defend football hooliganism or eric cantanas kungfu kick etc etc.

apollo179

It was just an analogy for illustration in principle purpose.
Sorry for any offense caused. I did not realise you were so sensitive and i reiterate my regret at any pain and distress caused .
So are you now likening riding two abreast to football hooliganism? That is an horrendous comparison. One is done for the sake of safety the other caused by a bunch of knuckle dragging a-holes who a looking for a punch up or some shops to trash. I find the comparison highly offensive indeed.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
"So sensitive" - that's taking the pi$. You likened riding two abreast to 100's or even thousands of yobs running amok destroying everything they see and kicking the cr4p out of rival "fans". Had you compared riding two abreast to a slow moving vehicle (as the highway code states) then no offence would be taken. I understand most people on here even if we have differing view points but I am sorry I can not see where your disdain for law abiding cyclists comes from.

It was just an analogy for illustration in principle purpose.
Sorry for any offense caused. I did not realise you were so sensitive and i reiterate my regret at any pain and distress caused .

apollo179

It has already been pointed out by someone else that lawabiding does not equate to considerate. I suggest you use your own sense of right and wrong as guide not just blindly going by legality.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Riding tow abreast is also safer than ridng in single file. I will continue to do so where ever safety demands it. Legal and Safe is better than legal and dead and injured in my book.

It has already been pointed out by someone else that lawabiding does not equate to considerate. I suggest you use your own sense of right and wrong as guide not just blindly going by legality.

apollo179

I would give more credibility to the safety arguement. Why do you always opt for the "its legal" arguement. In future go with the safety arguement.
Riding tow abreast is also safer than ridng in single file. I will continue to do so where ever safety demands it. Legal and Safe is better than legal and dead and injured in my book.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I'd be safer in my house if I rigged a shotgun to go off if anyone entered my house uninvited but that would not be legal. Do you see why I opt for the legality over the safety issue?
I would give more credibility to the safety arguement. Why do you always opt for the "its legal" arguement. In future go with the safety arguement.

apollo179

Err no . Because your analogy does not apply. Cycling single and or 2 abreast are both legal. Legality is not an issue. Safety could be. Thats why i propose you adopt safety as your spearhead argument. The legality is not an issue.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Fair enough. However as I said previously I would much rather be legal and safe :smile: Shake hands?
Err no . Because your analogy does not apply. Cycling single and or 2 abreast are both legal. Legality is not an issue. Safety could be. Thats why i propose you adopt safety as your spearhead argument. The legality is not an issue.

Jezston

Über Member

Maybe it's because so many drivers keep saying riding two abreast is illegal?

Also could you two please keep your replies under the quotes? Anal I know but it makes things a lot easier to read.

apollo179

Re - "under the quotes"
The site default setting is above so i suggest you take it up with the site developers.

Also could you two please keep your replies under the quotes? Anal I know but it makes things a lot easier to read.

Bman

Guru

I must admit, It's been bugging me for quite a while! :smile:

Top Bottom