Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You are trying to throw our arguments out via calling us perfect and things never happen. None of us ever said that. What we did say is that incidents that render a bike unrideable are vanishingly rare and that still stands. With the caveat that if you aren’t mechanically sympathetic or a novice a longer ride on your own isn’t a good idea. By changing your riding style right now you can reduce that even more.

Don't ride your bike more than 10 miles because it might become unrideable isn’t a good argument.
I would only differ with the term "vanishingly rare". Subsititute "not particularly common" and I'm happy. What first piqued my interest was the lottery and asteroid references which I thought were hyperbole.

It's not something that bothers me personally anyway because I'm lucky enough to have a turbo, so I don't need to ride outside at all at the moment.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm lucky enough to have a turbo

Now there's a phrase I never expected to hear!

Used one once, instantly decided I'd rather be out in the darkness in driving sleet doing circuits into a never ending uphill à la Esher.

But each to their own, I hasten to add.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm lucky enough to have a turbo

Now there's a phrase I never expected to hear!

Used one once, instantly decided I'd rather be out in the darkness in driving sleet doing circuits into a never ending uphill à la Esher.

But each to their own, I hasten to add.
I'm also lucky to not mind using it :smile: I do appreciate that there are some people who can't stand the things.

It's something I'd been pondering buying for years and it was a stroke of luck that I actually purchased it about 8 months ago given what's happened since.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm also lucky to not mind using it :smile: I do appreciate that there are some people who can't stand the things.

It's something I'd been pondering buying for years and it was a stroke of luck that I actually purchased it about 8 months ago given what's happened since.

I imagine they're more valuable even than bog roll right now!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I would only differ with the term "vanishingly rare". Subsititute "not particularly common" and I'm happy. What first piqued my interest was the lottery and asteroid references which I thought were hyperbole.

It's not something that bothers me personally anyway because I'm lucky enough to have a turbo, so I don't need to ride outside at all at the moment.

That depends on whether the outdoor exercise is just for fitness or for other health benefits. I need my outdoor exercise for reasons beyond fitness. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Imagine the price of a turbo where the roller is also a bog roll!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That depends on whether the outdoor exercise is just for fitness or for other health benefits. I need my outdoor exercise for reasons beyond fitness. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.
Yeah, we all need to make our own decisions. I only leave my house/garden to go shopping once or twice a week, or to post letters. But that's my decision. I wouldn't suggest others should do the same, we all need to think things through ourselves.

D

Deleted member 26715

But not as useful
Suggest you reed his post again. The speed limit of a road was used as a proxy for, well if you’re not going at the speed limit it couldn’t have been too fast.
Do I have to wade through the water first? Either way I'm still waiting for you to advise whether Boris's bunch have now decided to put speed limits on non motorised vehicles, because as far as I know there aren't any so it's impossible be be within the limit of something that doesn't exist.

Top Bottom