Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah. Can't be bothered. I'm sure Mr Matticus will happily lay out his credentials for anyone who wants to listen to his slightly bizarre position.
I do appreciate good manners, they cost nothing!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But not as useful
Do I have to wade through the water first? Either way I'm still waiting for you to advise whether Boris's bunch have now decided to put speed limits on non motorised vehicles, because as far as I know there aren't any so it's impossible be be within the limit of something that doesn't exist.

Why would I advise on that since it was never suggested Boris had. It wasn’t suggested by @ColinJ or myself.

D

Deleted member 26715

Read it in the context it was used we weren’t not talking about speed limits for bikes.
The context is that it the cyclist was riding within the speed limit, but as there is no speed limit it can't be within something that doesn't exist.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The context is that it the cyclist was riding within the speed limit, but as there is no speed limit it can't be within something that doesn't exist.

Riding within the speed limit for motorised vehicles indeed. At no point was it suggested it was a speed limit for bikes and the two of us in the discussion understood that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yeah, we all need to make our own decisions. I only leave my house/garden to go shopping once or twice a week, or to post letters. But that's my decision. I wouldn't suggest others should do the same, we all need to think things through ourselves.

I would worry about your bone health with so little walking. There won’t be enough impact exercise at home.

Wixsteman

Veteran
Just back from daily exercise cycle with my youngest son. We ride around town when its quiet so he can get used to riding on the road. As we joined the route from Glasgow to Balloch had to stop and pick up about 20 tacks on the road, but there was still plenty more spread along the road.

Probably same arsewipe!

Julia9054

Guru
I would worry about your bone health with so little walking. There won’t be enough impact exercise at home.
I worry about that. I am cycling about twice the mileage I usually do at this time of year but the rest of the time I'm sat on my backside when I'm usually on my feet all day

Slick

Guru
Just back from daily exercise cycle with my youngest son. We ride around town when its quiet so he can get used to riding on the road. As we joined the route from Glasgow to Balloch had to stop and pick up about 20 tacks on the road, but there was still plenty more spread along the road.

Probably same arsewipe!
That's just disgusting. Do you know if it has been reported?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hate to agree with you (this time! :okay:) but I think that I am doing my shopping by bike too often relative to walking to the shops and back. By bike it is under 10 minutes each way and too easy. It is more like a 20 minute walk each way and doing that with a 35 litre rucksack full of shopping feels like quite a good effort on an otherwise lazy day.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I hate to agree with you (this time! :okay:) but I think that I am doing my shopping by bike too often relative to walking to the shops and back. By bike it is under 10 minutes each way and too easy. It is more like a 20 minute walk each way and doing that with a 35 litre rucksack full of shopping feels like quite a good effort on an otherwise lazy day.
I do general training twice a week, includes various jacks, lunges etc. Also I use a manual lawnmower which gives a good all round workout at this time of year. But if this goes on much longer I may introduce a few walks out as well.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

I alternate walking with cycling. So half the week I get about by bike. Other half I get about on foot. I’m not a runner so don’t include that as an option.

Top Bottom