Don't sleep well after excercise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

The ghost of Jimbo risen.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I sometimes get this, I've been out and about on the bike today so wonder what my sleep quality will be like tonight.

It was suggested on the thread I posted to eat enough food, hydrate well etc.

I find sometimes reading before bed helps, chamomile and valerian tea also useful as well.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I sometimes get this, I've been out and about on the bike today so wonder what my sleep quality will be like tonight.

It was suggested on the thread I posted to eat enough food, hydrate well etc.

I find sometimes reading before bed helps, chamomile and valerian tea also useful as well.

I read your thread. What about Red Dwarf before bed, think that's as good?

I don't think it's the same. I think Dodgy identified it: It's a change in intensity. I've pretty much identified the pattern now but not quite worked out how to minimise it. I don't think I do enough low intensity rides. I don't tend to get this running and I think it's because I don't push myself as hard running.

Holy Warrior

What times do you ride? If you're going to bed too soon after riding it may be that you are still full of adrenaline from the ride. It is unlikely hat you are a night rider though, I don't think many are as a general rule.

All the same try things like hot milk, warm bath before bed. I'm a terrible sleeper but i've started drinking more milk and taking more baths before bed, I was a shower man - not a muckack, and my quality of sleep has got better.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

What times do you ride? If you're going to bed too soon after riding it may be that you are still full of adrenaline from the ride. It is unlikely hat you are a night rider though, I don't think many are as a general rule.

All the same try things like hot milk, warm bath before bed. I'm a terrible sleeper but i've started drinking more milk and taking more baths before bed, I was a shower man - not a muckack, and my quality of sleep has got better.

Nearly always exercise in the morning.

I've started some Zinc and vitamin C as I came down with a big this week after a run on Sunday and I plan to try the milk after my next outing, which I think will be Thursday, give me a chance to get over this.

Top Bottom