Don't work today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbyp

If you're salaried then you're not being paid today. You're working extra hours for nothing.

The National Trust have given all their employees the day off. Follow suit and get out on the bike.

I wish I could....:blush:

andygates

I'll spend all day skiving on forums then :blush:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, the last 3 years I've been paid for 1/4 of a day I didn't work then, surely?

It's not like I do a lot anyway! My post rate has gone up phenomenally since I started here...

Renard

Bugger, I wish I hadn't taken the day off now. I am going to get ready and go out for a spin in a minute but I don't think I'll be out for long as it is horrible outside (I've already been soaked walking the dog this morning).

This is today's forecast for where I live-

Forecast Time
DayFromUntilTempFeelsLikePressureRainCloudDirSpeedWeatherFri 29 Feb9:0011:594 °c-2 °c1001 mb2.0 mm100 %
SSW.gif
22 mph
LL.gif

12:0014:594 °c-4 °c993 mb10.5 mm100 %
SSW.gif
28 mph
HL.gif

15:0017:598 °c3 °c988 mb8.1 mm100 %
WSW.gif
26 mph
HR.gif

18:0020:593 °c1 °c985 mb12.7 mm100 %
W.gif
22 mph
NHR.gif

21:0023:594 °c-1 °c986 mb1.4 mm100 %
W.gif
25 mph
NLR.gif

Renard

My that was 'bracing' if not completely stupid. Took an hour to do 13 miles :sad: The most frightening thing was the strength of the gusts. At one point there was a comedy moment when I was leaning diagonally into the wind doing 8mph down stretch of road on which I would normally be doing 25 or 30mph.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The wind's not got us down in Manchester yet - steady rain since 11 but was talking to another cyclist (in a meeting) who said the wind was picking up for the return ride....

NickM

Veteran
I would have to do a shootload of work today to make up for the amount of my jailers' employers' time I have spent doing my own thing this week... not much chance of that, then.

longers

Legendary Member
Got my redundancy decision in an hour.

I might be taking the rest of the afternoon off

U

User482

The NT haven't given their staff the day off - they're doing charity work. Good on 'em.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm at work, but definately NOT working....got a virus ;)

Headaches and high temps for the last two days...today i've just sat with my arms crossed on the bench with my head rested inside.

Hearts racing...face is hot...headache and tired tired tired :thumbsup:.

Thankfully the boss is sympathetic and doesnt mind me being comatose :biggrin: Roll on home time

longers

Legendary Member
They surprised me and are keeping me on. I won't be celebrating as good people, good friends and colleagues were not kept on :sad:.

Top Bottom