Don't you hate it when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You make a cup of tea, take the first sip and think "This is one seriously fine cup of tea", pat yourself on the back and prepare to enjoy the drink immensly. Then you look back at the cup and there is nothing but dregs! ARGH! Where did my lovely tea go, how did I manage to drink that without noticing!

I also managed to get up at 0500 this morning and not notice until 2hrs later when my alarm went off that I wasn't supposed to be up yet xx(xx(:smile:

abchandler

And then you make another cup to extend the experience. It's never as good as the first

Keith Oates

Janner
I usually get up in the morning, make a cup of tea and then get onto the internet to read e-mails etc. After a while I reach for the tea and empty, because a certain lady has sneaked over and drunk it without me noticing. Never mind there's always more so long as the teabags and milk haven't run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walker

Keith Oates said:
I usually get up in the morning, make a cup of tea and then get onto the internet to read e-mails etc. After a while I reach for the tea and empty, because a certain lady has sneaked over and drunk it without me noticing. Never mind there's always more so long as the teabags and milk haven't run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the Tea taste like in 'Nam Keith?

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
As my dear old Mum used to say on having her second cup of the day "That's better - the first one didn't touch the sides!"

I don't know if others share my view but when I am in a cafe, restaurant or hotel, I normally drink coffee - no one makes a cup of tea to my satisfaction.

abchandler

mr_hippo said:
I don't know if others share my view but when I am in a cafe, restaurant or hotel, I normally drink coffee - no one makes a cup of tea to my satisfaction.

Agreed - I can't drink tea that isn't made to your satisfaction either:biggrin:

bonj2

Not as bad as making a cup of tea and forgetting that you've made tea instead of coffee, and drinking it without looking at it assuming it's coffee and then only on tasting realise that it is in fact tea. (This one often also occurs when not able to decide whether to have coffee or tea, so have one of each, and then forgetting which is which.)
Inhaling tea nasally.
Suddenly needing to cough while pouring coffee down your neck and chancing that you can get all the remaining coffee down before actually NEEDING to cough instantly, and then JUST failing by a tiny drop only for it all to go spluttering everywhere.
Finding an extremely old cup of tea which has separated. (eeurggh!)

But, in future, I recommend you do what I do, which is to make yourself TWO cups of tea at once, purely to avoid this very eventuality. I often make myself a pair of coffees.

Top Bottom