Don't you just love it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Tynan said:
I've just bikelyed my commute 480 feet up and 407 feet down on the way in

it's not pretty rural or nice countryside, other than a bit of Wanstead Flats/Epping Forest

Bikelyed?

yenrod

22 MILES - wow thats serious miles and for work as well ! :biggrin:

Makes my 5 miler seem nowt

:hyper:

Tynan

Veteran
Wigsie said:
Bikelyed?

bikely

google that, lets you plot your route using a google maps interface then sahre it with others, gives you mileage and climb/drop

Tynan

Veteran
offs, my official 12.5 mile commute seems to be only 10.9 miles, when did that happen? I think I'm rembering my old commute to Kilburn, tsk

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jesus, whats wrong with me today! googled and plotted the route but cant find the drop/climb bit. such a spaz! no one would believe i manage an office designing and building websites ! ha ha

Wigsie

Nincompoop
got it! ha ha took me a while (in my defence i have just had 3 weeks off).

I must swerve ALL over the show as my bike comp says 18.4 miles but the map when plotted says 17.1 miles... i have been cheated out of 1.3 miles

712 ft ascent 704ft descent.... that sounds RUBBISH!

Thanks for destroying my dreams Ty! :smile:;):blush:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i totally can't wait to get the two wheel user group up and running if they let me. no reason why not as he's already confirmed he will do something about it, one of the other directors cycles in to the other office. The other office has about 70 cyclists i reckon, some everyday, some 2 or 3 times a week, but they get lockers, showers, racks, accessories, you name it. the difference is that Hinckley has plenty of parking and the other office doesn't, so no incentive to implement anything "green" and i think the situation has been overlooked simply coz no-one's raised the issue. but then i wasn't there then! and now i am! ;)

i haven't managed to cycle this week due to meetings and stuff :laugh:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
buggi said:
i haven't managed to cycle this week due to meetings and stuff :sad:

Dont you just hate meetings! they ruin a good cycling week :laugh:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
buggi said:
work just seems to get in the way of commuting doesn't it?!

My work are pretty much all cycle mad we spend most of the time tinkering or talking about our bikes (have just been authorised to buy new track pump and a few bits on comany credit card)...

Its the bloody customers!! :ohmy::angry::sad:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Good luck with it Buggi - and well done for doing something - I recenly got sick of everyone moaning about the bike facilities where I work (which aren't that bad, but could be a lot better), but doing nothing, so stuck my head above the parapet to set up a Bike User Group.

It's taken up loads of my lunch times, but have 19 members and had a couple of successes with our bike parking and even some thank yous, so it's been worthwhile so far.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Crackle said:
Bike User Governance Group Initiative - It has a certain familiarity.

LMAO Brilliant! :blush: BUGGI :smile:

(unfortunately i have to stick to TWUG - two wheel user group - coz it needs to be the same as the other building and the BUG is Building User Group (a meeting where they moan about whether the coffee machine supplies the coffee too hot and someone might burn themselves ;))

but... if i ever set up my own TWUG consultancy company i know what i'm gonna call it... now there's an idea!

Top Bottom