Don't you love those awkward moments when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...you have a chat with someone and you haven't got a CLUE who they are? I hate it! I was just up in the cafe getting my lunch and the bloke in front of me in the queue 'Hi Kirstie, how are you?'. Oh no, who TF is it? Didn't have his work ID badge on either so I couldn't even catch a glimpse of it to work it out. He managed to tell me what he was working on, how it was going, how long he's got till his hols, where he's going, who he's going with...I am still completely in the dark. No idea...I don't believe I have ever met him before...

hubgearfreak

Über Member
it is awkward certainly. but it only happens to us memorable folk. ;)

I hate that but it happens far too often. I've been told I should ALWAYS ask who they are - would be OK with somebody from years ago but could be embarassing whith somebody from current work.

Excelled my self last weekend when I met somebody I hadn't seen for over 17 years. Recognised him, remembered his name and asked after his wife by name. We were employed at the same site with about 1100 other people and didn't work together but paths crossed.

Oh no what a gaffe!
I remember there was a chap at university who taunted me for the whole 3 years of my undergrad degree cos I just couldn't remember where I'd met him. He made a point of never telling me his name nor revealing how I met him. All I know is that it WASN'T dodgy...

domtyler

Über Member
Maybe he is stalking you and knows everything about you. Maybe he didn't have his badge on as he doesn't actually work there? :o):eek:;)

RedBike

Did the sleeves tie around the back?

I'm terrible at remembering who people are too. I often find myself chatting to someone who clearly knows me; but I haven't a clue who they are.

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
Umm no why is that significant?

Duh, of course it's significant, you can tell a stalker easily enough as they always wear blue anoraks, have greasy brown hair with a side parting and have NHS glasses with the nose piece stuck together with a band aid.

Tetedelacourse

Kirstie I suggest you stop wearing your tanktop with "Kirstie" on the front.

I have a slightly different problem; I generally remember who people are but not their names. I've realised I can get away with it one-to-one but when I'm with someone else and am expected to introduce them I am found out. Thinking about it, keep wearing that tanktop and I'll ask Arch to knit one for the rest of us (with our own names on, as an army of tanktopped Kirsties would be creepy as hell).

Bigtallfatbloke

Just say something like..." I am really sorry but last time we met clearly I made more of an impression on you than you did on me"

Top Bottom