Don't you wish your boyfriend was hot like me - don't cha don't cha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Haha! Only laughing 'cos I did the same!!

3 layers; thermal base, thermal micro fleece and cycling shirt...was dripping when I got home!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I keep meaning to write myself chart of what clothes for what temperatures and stick it inside the cycle kit cupboard.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Feeling very smug as I got it spot on again, base layer, jersey , Gilet and arm warmers , so as long as it stays 7deg I am king of the castle.

Keith Oates

Janner
Left home this morning and it was 1 deg C so fitted some over glove things to the handlebars and arrived at work 20 Km further on, with warm fingers. I was happy with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara_H

Guru
You should all get a basket on the front of your bikes. Mine is used predominantly for the purpose of chucking the extra layers in quickly as I warm up and strip off.
I start off like the michelin man, by the time I get to work I'm usually down to leggings/t-shirt!

amaferanga

Veteran
Always better to be too hot than too cold IMO.

Nah. Better to get it right so you're not dripping with sweat or freezing cold. Being cooked is every bit as bad as being too cold AND it just means you end up putting in less effort.

You should always be a bit cold when you set off. If you're nice and warm before you even start cycling then you'll soon overheat.

Irish_Marty

I was running this morning between 5.40 and 7.10 and yeah I found it to be warmer than it has been in a while.

Last edited:
You have a cycle kit cupboard ? That's posh !
We must be really posh then, a wooden chest containing cycling shoes, a narrow framework of 5 shelves with baskets holding gloves, hats, buffs, glasses, lights and miscellaneous stuff and upstairs several large items of furniture containing nothing but cycling clothes. We have very few normal clothes
blush.png

The most crucial item in the house is a weather station with an outside sensor, for any given temp range we know exactly what to wear, sad I know.

Top Bottom