Don't you wish...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
there was a Top Gear for bikes?

so you can actually see them being pitted against each other on a track, and honest down to earth opinions given by 3 normal blokes about the advantages of comfort over speed, or speed over comfort, rather than just reading about them in magazines, or which bike has both!

like how does a Trek really compare to a Specialized or Pinarello on cornering, etc.

how fast does a Trek get from 0 - 60 (ok, 0 - 35) compared to a Cervelo.

basically, someone to ride the bikes and tell us which one is best for our cash before we go out and make the expensive mistake ourselves.

even.... can they be turned into a rocket? :blush:

in the words of Richard Hammond.... "to answer the questions we didn't know needed answering"

I totally agree! That would be excellent!

OK let me get this straight.....We're starting from the premise that top gear and its presenters are normal!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Without wishing to reopen all the Top Gear debate yet again, it's worth remembering that even with all the televisual excitement afforded by cars, TG is the only car show that manages to be even remotely entertaining.

So, not only would 'push bikes' be starting from a bit of a disadvantage, but it would also be cycling's typical luck, that this velo version of TG would be made by the same people who have given us 5th Gear or Vroom or The Second Hand Car Show.

Arghhhhhh! The final nail in the cycling coffin.

Van Nick

That sounds like a brilliant idea.

They could have a "Star on a reasonably priced bike" slot as well, which could be amusing.

It would be great to see the "cool wall" as well.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Tim Bennet. said:
Without wishing to reopen all the Top Gear debate yet again, it's worth remembering that even with all the televisual excitement afforded by cars, TG is the only car show that manages to be even remotely entertaining.

So, not only would 'push bikes' be starting from a bit of a disadvantage, but it would also be cycling's typical luck, that this velo version of TG would be made by the same people who have given us 5th Gear or Vroom or The Second Hand Car Show.

Arghhhhhh! The final nail in the cycling coffin.

well, we'll have to get the real Clarkson, Hammond and May then won't we.

it would definitley have to be all things bike.

ie. road bikes would replace roadsters and sports cars
MTBs would replace 4 x 4 and go anywhere machines
Recumbents could replace ... erm... anything laid back and comfy

it would be interesting to see what was the Aston Martin of the bike world

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Van Nick said:
That sounds like a brilliant idea.

They could have a "Star on a reasonably priced bike" slot as well, which could be amusing.

It would be great to see the "cool wall" as well.

yea, like Lance on a shopper with a basket on front. hilarious!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
t would be interesting to see what was the Aston Martin of the bike world
In my mind, I already know: It's my Eddie Merckx. Classic, slightly understated, (overpriced) but with a certain 'something'.

Bit like me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can I get Hammond to have a go on my winter hack? He'd have to come up to my flat to carry it down, and then I'd have him trapped....:blush:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I had a small wager with myself that Arch would be along with some Hammond based comment.

I had assumed it would involve him being 'recumbent'.

Well, nearly right.

Top Bottom