Door-to-door salesman repellent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Interesting!

I quickly skimmed through that part to get to the more modern things that I'd remember. Really wish I hadn't now! (although to be honest, I was more interested to see what Smarties tubes he had at the time :blush:).

Anyway, it was interesting little museum, although it is tucked away in a side street fom Portobello Road, so you have to know exactly where you are going.

Oh yes and on meeting Robert Opie, I was opening various things for him to see and managed to agravate a cut finger I had given myself the day before with some scissors, so I bled all over the nice pine laminate floor (although the bright red did go well with it, that much I did notice! :laugh:)
He still let me in for free though and when I came back out, it had been wiped up :blush:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes, its sound intersting - I suspect my Mum would like it too. Two old ladies being nostalgic, that'll be us. Been a while since we did London together.

She recently had an afternoon here:

http://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk/

and enjoyed it. She was also rather pleased that she organised herself getting the right bus from where the coach (she got a cheap spare seat on a theatre trip) dropped her, and back again. There are bits of London we know well, but that's not one of them.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Don't you just love these small museums??

It is very much in the spirit of the books 'Far from the sodding crowd' and 'F**K Alton Towers'.

...In fact, wasn't that museum in one of them?? It sounds familiar.

User269

Fairdos.
There's too much hate in this world as it is

Most of which comes from cynical, exploititve scam merchants who think it's OK to intrude on my privacy, or in the middle of an important piece of work, to try and sell us something we don't want or need, whilst undermining the perfectly legitimate, decent and tax paying purveyors of services or goods who I will contact as and when I want to, not when they deem it to be timely.

Recently I was tricked into buying a very long sentence which is of no use to me at all.

Top Bottom