Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kinda funny that Sutton responds to accusations of (among other things) being a bully by shouting "You're spineless! Man up and look me in the eye! Come out from behind that screen!", and calling a QC a "mindless little individual". Oooops.

I wonder if may now have served his purpose now as far as the defence is concerned. Although there may still be that Daily Mail affidavit to surface which could prove interesting.

This is brilliant theatre but I've completely lost track of its overall significance.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Kinda funny that Sutton responds to accusations of (among other things) being a bully by shouting "You're spineless! come out from behind that screen!", and calling a QC a "mindless little individual". Ooops.

I wonder if may now have served his purpose now as far as the defence is concerned. Although there may still be that Daily Mail affidavit to surface which could prove interesting.

This is brilliant theatre but I've completely lost track of its overall significance.
I think it's more about actually finding out which riders had the "stiffy patches"

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think it's more about actually finding out which riders had the "stiffy patches"
Being serious for a minute (and it's quite difficult) what is actually going on. The defence is trying to demonstrate that Sutton is a bully and that their client was bullied into getting the patches by him. I think I understand that.

Are they then implying that - if there was any doping going on it wasn't their client's fault. Evil shouty Shane told Freeman that he had problems in his pants and needed some T, and that if he (Freeman) didn't get it he (Shane) would kick his (Freeman's) ass. Frightened Freeman got the T, handed it to evil shouty Shane, and is guilty only of being a bit of a wet. If there was any doping going on it was evil Shane?

Is that the general thrust of the defence, or have I got it wrong?

Adam4868

Guru
Being serious for a minute (and it's quite difficult) what is actually going on. The defence is trying to demonstrate that Sutton is a bully and that their client was bullied into getting the patches by him. I think I understand that.

Are they then implying that - if there was any doping going on it wasn't their client's fault. Evil shouty Shane told Freeman that he had problems in his pants and needed some T, and that if he (Freeman) didn't get it he (Shane) would kick his (Freeman's) ass. Frightened Freeman got the T, handed it to evil shouty Shane, and is guilty only of being a bit of a wet. If there was any doping going on it was evil Shane?

I know what you mean,Freeman getting some kudos because he didn't mean it they made me.
Push blame on Sutton as he's a proven bully ? So some have said...
Sutton's apparently doped before...
Who did the orders come from ? Big Dave in the death star ? Sorry I'll try and be serious !
The big Question though is who had the magic patch,which rider if any had it ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

My understanding is that it is a medical tribunal to review Freeman’s suitability to practise.
They aren’t looking into any actual doping issues.
I’m not even certain that Sutton was obliged to attend.

Adam4868

Guru
My understanding is that it is a medical tribunal to review Freeman’s suitability to practise.
Thanks,didn't know that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Indeed. As I understand it, the big question is whether Freeman believed the patch was for Sutton, whether he believed it was for athletes or whether it was all lies. I'm not sure Sutton's blow-up helps him at all.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Indeed. As I understand it, the big question is whether Freeman believed the patch was for Sutton, whether he believed it was for athletes or whether it was all lies. I'm not sure Sutton's blow-up helps him at all.
It seems it all turns around whether he ordered the patches "knowing or believing" that they were to be used for doping - which would be naughty behaviour for a doctor. Actually which riders would eventually be in receipt of the T isn't important - just whether or not it was being procured for doping purposes.

Freeman says he believed the T was to help Sutton's gentleman's problems. Sutton denies that. That much is moderately clear.

From here on it all becomes really incomprehensible. I think the defence is trying to destroy Sutton's credibility, and suggest that if there was any doping going on their client was completely unaware of it - he was just trying to help out a pal with an embarrassing complaint/he was bullied into it. Sutton has obligingly confirmed the bullying part. That's the best I can do but it still doesn't make complete sense.

Meanwhile we all know it was part of a PED program. You'd have to be daft to think otherwise. Sutton's todger is a red herring. The details of that program and the ultimate recipients are unlikely to come out unless someone does a Landis and spills the beans/sings like a canary/dishes the dirt.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sutton's todger is a red herring. [...]
brain_bleach2_4427.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman, herring-man has left the building! https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...s-medical-tribunal-dramatic-appearance-442374

Given Shane said "My wife wants to come here and testify you’re a liar.” then why don't they call her?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The tribunal is quasi-judicial, but I agree no one - including Freeman - has to appear before it.

Its only biting sanction is to prevent him doctoring in future by striking him off the medical register.

The fact that Freeman is defending the allegations suggests he wants to work as a doctor in future.

I've seen cases of doctors who have sexually assaulted patients who do not turn up at their own tribunal.

That's because they accept the inevitability of being struck off.

Adam4868

Guru
The burning question here though is did team sky know ? If so it sort of damages them and their zero policy drugs policy's.
Sutton was never convicted of doping was he ?

Slick

Guru
The burning question here though is did team sky know ? If so it sort of damages them and their zero policy drugs policy's.
Sutton was never convicted of doping was he ?
There is no way sky didn't know, unbelievably the whole thing stinks and eventually it's going to come out just how rotten the whole thing obviously was.

Obviously just an opinion, and whilst some will say, well yeah, obviously. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for so long but now it's all unravelling and individuals will eventually spill it to protect their own pathetic skin.

Top Bottom