Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I'm the opposite,I don't even think about it.If I did I'd probably stop watching the sport.Dont let it spoil it for you.He can be beaten as we've seen before.But you better be on your best day to do it 😁

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pogacer saint or sinner ?
Much as i hope hes a once in generation natural talent the more i watch the more the doubts are creeping in.

Well, Vingegaard beat him last year at the Tour so he must be a doper too.
And young Oscar Onley was neck and neck with Vingo at a race twice so he must be a doper too... And so on ad infinitum.
My advice us to watch a different sport if you think anyone who's good is on the juice.
Just wait till there's some evidence before worrying about it

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What about the third placed woman at Strade Bianche last week - still no DQ ?

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/uci-examining-strade-bianche-podium-riders-use-of-blood-monitor

I missed this story. It doesn't really class as doping. Yet it's not just UCI sock length/ equipment fetishism either. More like the UCI trying to lock the stable door after the (HRM, power meter) horse has bolted.

I wonder if maybe she was never expecting such a high profile finish, so she though what the heck.

I missed this story. It doesn't really class as doping. Yet it's not just UCI sock length/ equipment fetishism either. More like the UCI trying to lock the stable door after the (HRM, power meter) horse has bolted.

I wonder if maybe she was never expecting such a high profile finish, so she though what the heck.

It's a bit clear cut though I would have thought - you can't use them - look at how strict they are with the banned bar grip positions.
Unless shes a diabetic i guess ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's a bit clear cut though I would have thought - you can't use them - look at how strict they are with the banned bar grip positions.
Unless shes a diabetic i guess ?

Yeah, you'd have thought it was clear cut. And the UCI love enforcing their latest new regulations - look at the rash of bottle throwing DQs - then get bored and move on to something else. Maybe whatever she was using didn't strictly fall within the definition of banned equipment in the regs.

Either way, not doping.

My advice us to watch a different sport if you think anyone who's good is on the juice.

Quite.
I find all this oh-so clever "scepticism" for every half-succesful rider crushingly boring.

Stick to the facts, or go and join some Facebook Drugs Cheat group. There are plenty of back-slapping drugs "sceptics" out there - who all know better than me, of course - let them amuse each-other.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well, Vingegaard beat him last year at the Tour so he must be a doper too.
And young Oscar Onley was neck and neck with Vingo at a race twice so he must be a doper too... And so on ad infinitum.

I was asking people's opinions, expecting reasoned replies and I get watch other sport or basically bullying .guess I will just communicate with people who can actually have a debate without resorting to mudslinging from now on

Adam4868

Guru
I was asking people's opinions, expecting reasoned replies and I get watch other sport or basically bullying .guess I will just communicate with people who can actually have a debate without resorting to mudslinging from now on
It's a bit of a touchy/sore subject for those of us that love the sport...
But dont let it put you off making your views heard ! Nobody's bullying or mudslinging you lol.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Quite.
I find all this oh-so clever "scepticism" for every half-succesful rider crushingly boring.

Stick to the facts, or go and join some Facebook Drugs Cheat group. There are plenty of back-slapping drugs "sceptics" out there - who all know better than me, of course - let them amuse each-other.

I prefer to pick goodies and baddies for reasons that make no sense whatever, or for no reason at all, and cheer/boo accordingly. Sometimes baddies are chosen for doping related reasons (Valverde) sometimes I ignore awkward facts about my goodies (Contador). Sometimes baddies hang around so long they become elderly goodies (Valverde again). Luckily I had Armstrong down as a baddie all along so I was spared any feeling of betrayal. I'm also a bit of a one for the underdog, and have a terrible memory so a baddie who I might have taken against previously because I don't like his silly name could reappear next year as a goodie because I think his silly name is cool.

I prefer to pick goodies and baddies for reasons that make no sense whatever, or for no reason at all, and cheer/boo accordingly. Sometimes baddies are chosen for doping related reasons (Valverde) sometimes I ignore awkward facts about my goodies (Contador). Sometimes baddies hang around so long they become elderly goodies (Valverde again). Luckily I had Armstrong down as a baddie all along so I was spared any feeling of betrayal. I'm also a bit of a one for the underdog, and have a terrible memory so a baddie who I might have taken against previously because I don't like his silly name could reappear next year as a goodie because I think his silly name is cool.

So are you with me in finding the Yates twins too boring to care about?

Top Bottom