Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So are you with me in finding the Yates twins too boring to care about?

One of them's a goodie, the other is a baddie. But I can never remember which is which.

Reasoned thoughts about Pog: He has shown no sudden changes in ability. He's been a boss throughout the junior ranks. So no reason to doubt him right now. But if there is a scandal about him in future I won't suddenly be heartbroken and say that cycling has betrayed my dreams or any of that cobblers. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Alex321

Veteran
I was asking people's opinions, expecting reasoned replies and I get watch other sport or basically bullying .guess I will just communicate with people who can actually have a debate without resorting to mudslinging from now on

There really isn't any "debate" though.

Either you accept that people are clean until there is evidence showing otherwise, or you might as well not watch at all.

Just suggesting those who you think are doing "too well" must be doping isn't really productive, or likely to generate any meaningful debate.

The sport does, unfortunately, have a long and ignominious history of doping issues, but with the sheer volume of in and out of competition testing, and the far more sophisticated testing techniques they have nowadays, I really don't think it likely anybody is going to get away with it for long any more.

Reactions: mjr

Tenkaykev

Guru
On a similar topic, I've been chronically anaemic for about ten years due to an issue with my bone marrow. I've spoken with my consultant on several occasions asking about EPO. She was reluctant to prescribe it for me for a couple of reasons. She also mentioned that it only works on about 50% of patients, and with them, it usually ceases to be effective after a couple of years.
From the various doping scandals over the years I got the impression that it works for everyone who has normal health and wondered if it eventually stops being effective for the dopers too.

I was asking people's opinions, expecting reasoned replies and I get watch other sport or basically bullying .guess I will just communicate with people who can actually have a debate without resorting to mudslinging from now on

Hang on - if your first post wasn't slinging mud at Pogacar - I don't know what it could be.

bobzmyunkle

Pogacer saint or sinner ?
Much as i hope hes a once in generation natural talent the more i watch the more the doubts are creeping in.
Hang on - if your first post wasn't slinging mud at Pogacar - I don't know what it could be.
Given the history, surely the first of these just reflects a doubt that passes through a lot of peoples minds when they see Podacer racing? Mud slinging? Not really. Anyway, enjoy the racing, if something turns up we can move on the new heroes whilst acknowledging that we knew he was a badun all along.

Adam4868

Guru
Given the history, surely the first of these just reflects a doubt that passes through a lot of peoples minds when they see Podacer racing? Mud slinging? Not really. Anyway, enjoy the racing, if something turns up we can move on the new heroes whilst acknowledging that we knew he was a badun all along.
It's a thread about doping though...not speculation just because he's winning races.Might aswell call all winners out...I mean Vingo looks like he could do with a pint of blood 😁

bobzmyunkle

Come on guys, it's not actually hard. It's not like you have to get the funny accent on the C right.
Oh dear, second spelling mistake in 2 days. There's no hope.
The correct spelling is Pogačar.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oh dear, second spelling mistake in 2 days. There no hope.

When I was at school we had to write it out 100 times 😉

T4tomo

Legendary Member
On a similar topic, I've been chronically anaemic for about ten years due to an issue with my bone marrow. I've spoken with my consultant on several occasions asking about EPO. She was reluctant to prescribe it for me for a couple of reasons. She also mentioned that it only works on about 50% of patients, and with them, it usually ceases to be effective after a couple of years.
From the various doping scandals over the years I got the impression that it works for everyone who has normal health and wondered if it eventually stops being effective for the dopers too.

It famously works differently on different people. That's why Lance Armstrong went from being a fairly average pro to unbeatable once on the juice, he got a superkick from EPO.

Top Bottom