Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the article makes the point that Sky cannot sack Knaven unless he admits doping. There is no smoking gun, only a set of circumstantial evidence against him. Understandably, he remains silent.

The article also makes the point that Sky's policy is too perfectionist. Vaughters' policy of "confess and move on" is preferred. All very reasonable points. I don't see how you could read it as anti-Sky, other than that. A very intelligent and thoughtful piece, I thought.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Stand easy chaps, stand easy. We have nothing to concern ourselves about with Astana and Kazakh cycling, they have it covered by a few generations of the same family on a day trip:
14278466309b6bs.png

I particularly like the pink coolbag for the vials.
http://astanaproteam.kz/en/page/news/6403-kcf-winter-cycling-championships-anti-doping-controls/
They look like they're surrendering. Don't fall for it Brian, it's a trap!

La Gazzetta are reporting that Astana are to get a 2nd licence hearing in three weeks, in order to provide "more documents" - I wonder how many holiday snaps constitute "a document"

Aren't you supposed to be on a plane?

He is - it is just a much lower plane than everyone else ^_^

The Couch

Über Member
Meeusen (the cyclo-crosser) has appeared for the investigative court.
The verdict is expected by 28th April.

There are 2 parts to it:
  • Using doping practices (possesion and use of forbidden products and/or possesion and use of forbidden practices)
  • The use of Vaminolact (an amino-acids solution based on breastmilk composition) potentially combined with cortisones and adrenaline
Meeusen hasn't been actually "busted" with illegal substances in his blood/urine, so the prosecutor's evidence will be purely on mail-traffic, doctor calendar entries, raid foundings and Meeusen own's statements.

By the way, this is linked in with the same ("UV"-)doctor that was treating Van Avermaet and Wellens (another cyclo-crosser).

Top Bottom