Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder if Nike has ever heard of "due diligence"? They do seem to have very close associations with very dodgy athletes/coaches/organisations - and then throw their hands in the air and say "not us guv, never knew anything..." when the rest of the world seems to have known.

Lots of discussion in the gym changing-room tonight, what struck me most was the level of ignorance around doping; maybe because I follow cycling I have a heightened awareness of doping but I was seriously amazed at how little people seemed to know about the ease of access and how easy it is to not get caught - I put them right of course ;)

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Lots of discussion in the gym changing-room tonight ... I was seriously amazed at how little people seemed to know about the ease of access and how easy it is to not get caught - I put them right of course ;)

You'll be giving them ideas

Lots of discussion in the gym changing-room tonight, what struck me most was the level of ignorance around doping; maybe because I follow cycling I have a heightened awareness of doping but I was seriously amazed at how little people seemed to know about the ease of access and how easy it is to not get caught - I put them right of course ;)
In my gym changing room all they talk about is football, nobbers.

With specific reference to Athletics, those head-burying twats at BBC Sports should start taking notice of the evidence re doping and stop covering it up - Colin Jackson, Jonathan Davies and Denise Lewis are apologists, smiling inanely and deflecting any suggestion of illegality and performance enhancement. A shower of shite.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
... Jonathan Davies ....

Edwards?

I'm not sure if there's more in this report - from the organisation that The Guardian partnered with for this story - but there seems to be:

https://www.propublica.org/article/...-coach-alberto-salazar-of-breaking-drug-rules

Quite a bit additional information in there.

I'm going to go and search the internet and see if asthma and thyroid conditions are contagious, if they are I am going to start hanging out with top class athletes cos I'm sure it'll help me become a bit fitter and faster.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've read a few of the related stories too. It's slightly depressing to get the feeling that the post-Armstrong sense of hope may turn out to be as ephemeral as the post-Festina one. Or am I being too downbeat?

I've read a few of the related stories too. It's slightly depressing to get the feeling that the post-Armstrong sense of hope may turn out to be as ephemeral as the post-Festina one. Or am I being too downbeat?

Nope, reality returns.
I'm contemplating not giving a toss again and letting them get on with it.

Top Bottom