Dora: just what you always wanted, a helmet with indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Feel sorry for that bloke - his helmet may have saved his head but he appears to have lost his arms, legs and torso in a tragic accident!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can't see the video (blocked at work) but surely when you do a shoulder check before turning you will then be signalling in the opposite direction?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I don't like it A) because I'm not a helmet wearer and B) oddly, its indicators don't appear to be visible from the front.

(Nor did I like the tone of the opening paragraph here > http://www.dvice.com/2013-2-26/dora-bike-helmet-comes-built-turn-indicators )

A lot of cyclists are festooned with blinking LEDs, making it difficult for others to interpret them as mere markers or something that tells others of their intention to change direction.

I don't think drivers associate flashing lights on a bike as any form of indicator and adding a set of lights to a helmet won't make things any clearer, particularly when the head moves around so much with shoulder checks etc.

I'll stick to good old-fashioned, clear arm signals and proper positioning.

GC

Road.cc had it (the helmet) last week, as a concept its interesting but has there actually been an example of bike signals working/selling successfully ?

D

Deleted member 23692

Should have included a decelerometer that'd work as a brake light :smile:

LEDs are taking over the world :sad:

Top Bottom