Double Glazing - why does it mist up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
MikeG, Accy’s sensei.
Wax on, wax off.
Pay attention
How effing patronising.

Slick

Guru
It's not the type of heating (see above), nor is there any way that any type of heating could affect this. It isn't the type that counts, it is the amount of heat getting through to the outside of the outer pane of glazing.
Although around 8 pints of moisture is produced from the average gas bottle. :whistle:

MikeG

Guru
Although around 8 pints of moisture is produced from the average gas bottle. :whistle:

So what? If you are heating your house with propane (or similar) you have a flue to your boiler and all products of combustion are exhausted to the outside.

MikeG

Guru
Curious about........anything

Is a good thing. It was an interesting observation in the first place, and it produced a variety of answers, only some of which were right. Better that than talking about whether wearing a helmet is a good idea or not........over and over and over again. All science...........ALL science stems from interesting observations and questions about the world around us.

Slick

Guru
That's an individual room heater. It doesn't heat a house.
It's exactly what I was talking about in my original post where I said type matters. It's also what we have in our conservatory which doesn't have any heating.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is a good thing. It was an interesting observation in the first place, and it produced a variety of answers, only some of which were right. Better that than talking about whether wearing a helmet is a good idea or not........over and over and over again. All science...........ALL science stems from interesting observations and questions about the world around us.
Yes,i always say that if you don't ask you won't find out. Some things are so obvious to those who know,but not if you don't. Going back to the subject of condensation on the inside/outside,not in between the panels, maybe it's because the panels aren't far enough apart? I haven't read most replies so maybe that's been mentioned,i don't know.

MikeG

Guru
It's exactly what I was talking about in my original post where I said type matters. It's also what we have in our conservatory which doesn't have any heating.

OK fine........but now that you know that the condensation is on the outside, this entire line of conversation is moot, you'll agree.

Top Bottom