Double Left Hook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Cycling to work yesterday and I had my closest near miss ever. I was riding down the Great West Road near GSK, I was riding alongside a white van doing about 25mph. (Downhill) Suddenly the white van slammed on his brakes, and sounded his horn, then a twunt in a black mercedes came from the midle lane and left hooked the white van and also myself to turn into the left hand junction. Just missed me by about 1.5 inches. I had to stop until I stopped shaking before I could carry on.

Why do these things happen when there are no police around :evil:

That could have been very nasty.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Good job the WVM was awake and gave you a bit of a warning (although it probably wasn't meant to warn you).
Could have been really bad if the Merc knocked the WVM into you.

GSK ?

Maz

Guru
Glad you came out of it unhurt, YG. Sounds really scary.
Don't tell me the guy in the Merc was an old apna uncle-jee...:becool:

shimano

any incident you survive is simply an addition to your experience. (yeah, I know, easy for me to say after a pizza and red wine...)

hackbike 6

Keith Oates said:
Glad you're OK, Yorkshiregoth, but it confirms what most of us already know that 100% concentration is required on all rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
Glad you're OK, Yorkshiregoth, but it confirms what most of us already know that 100% concentration is required on all rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only a 100% concentration was possible!

Top Bottom