Double Sided Pedals.........anyone have them???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have A530 pedals.found them a bit slippery when wet usibg flat side so I drilled some holes in the ridge along the front and back and fitted some studs made out of short bits of stainless steel spoke pressed into the hole with pliers.

Defo dont slip on them now.

Just got my new road bike and decided to go with Shimano double sided pedals..........you know.........SPD one side & flat the other.
I've not ridden it yet (bad back).
Just wondering how others get on with them (confidence builder really).
On my last (recently nicked) bike I had SPDs which I like but.......I enjoy cycling in with walking/site seeing and SPD shoes are definitely not uilt for walking.
I recall cycling to Dunham Massey last year and finding out they dont allow cycling in the grounds......walking was not enjoyable.
Yep, I use them on both crosstrails. I like them.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Got them on 2 of my 3 bikes. Never had a problem clipping in, more likely to get the SPD side for normal shoes than the other way around.

(I call them dual-sided as in dual- purpose.)

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive got them on my defy . Only ever use the non clip in side . I should just put normal pedals back on really but I cant be bothered .

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I used them, they were naff for the same reasons mentioned by Colinj.

the going to the shops argument don't matter cause I got a hack bike with flats on both sides.

Also think about maintenance - pedals like the M324 you can't service without a special tool which is about £30. For the M520 you can buy a tool for bout 3 quid.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Got them on my commuting bike - sometimes I wear cycling shoes on it, sometimes not. I'm going to get some for the Brompton as well.

Another user of Shimano A530's here, I've never had the chance to use any other SPDs so don't know any different. Getting them to flip to the nonSPD side can be a pain but I like the flexibility to be able to just do a shop run without having to don cycle shoes :smile:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I used the flat side of my pedals once in 5 years, hated it so much that side never saw a shoe again - at least until that bike was stolen, I suppose.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I have some Shimano PD m424's on my MTB good with flats or clipped in.
?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmVR85F8TpgUGVF729SVY8zCNhc63HPm2B6S4fkClYj5qsOIZNhc81-J_mjs34T_VqTIis72t8&usqp=CAE.jpg

I had a pair for these and hated them as I could always feel the SPD poking through into my foot when wearing my trainers/sambas of choice. I gave them away to someone in the end.

I've recently taken a set of M324's off my commuter as I've scrapped clipping in & gone back to flats on everything but the dedicated roadie.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I had a pair for these and hated them as I could always feel the SPD poking through into my foot when wearing my trainers/sambas of choice. I gave them away to someone in the end.

I've recently taken a set of M324's off my commuter as I've scrapped clipping in & gone back to flats on everything but the dedicated roadie.

You want to be riding in Superstar Shell Toes that would sort that problem out. :whistle::thumbsup:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYfB-2F9C-T0fAn-ScptBgV9_6wsxjjR5g_QfGuuYHIjzY-1LVpg.jpg

Top Bottom