Double Sided Pedals.........anyone have them???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
I had these as my first clipless pedals, in case I didn't take to clipless easily (and because they were some of the few pedals Go Outdoors had in stock on the day). I really like them on the winter/errands/tourer because of the flexibility - I don't like having to faff around swapping pedals depending on how I want to ride the bike.

The mountain bike gets normal SPDs for more clearance and mud shifting, and the "nice" road bike gets SPD-SLs because of weight, rule #34 :biggrin: and, well, just because I like them. I'm unlikely to ever want to ride either of those bikes in street shoes, though.

image.jpg
These are complete copies of the Shimano's, every bit as good (TBF they almost certainly are Shimano's rebranded in a funny handshake deal with Decathlon), and cheaper. They are really very good, especially in this weather.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have A530 pedals.found them a bit slippery when wet usibg flat side so I drilled some holes in the ridge along the front and back and fitted some studs made out of short bits of stainless steel spoke pressed into the hole with pliers.

Defo dont slip on them now.
I stuck some grip tape on mine , as i have the reflectors on the retaining plate makes a nice extra area to stick it on.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60098895/

Venod

Eh up
I have Shimano M520 and then these platform adaptors for normal shoes:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/smpd22-auto-bike-pedals-adaptor-id_5626992.html

I was just about to post that but couldn't find a link to any, I have some but never used them, they look like a soloution for some people.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
MTB style SPDs on my Ribble (work-bike/trainer/'all-rounder'), not sure of the model number, off-hand, with finding the original receipt, but it's

They're the logical choice for a commuter, as the ability to clip into either side in traffic/red-lights is invaluable, as is being able to walk in the shoes

However, on longer rides (3 + hours) I sometimes find that my feet get sore, due to the smaller contact area twixt shoe & pedal (feet can also rock laterally too)

Yes, perhaps, my Diadoras are knocking on a bit now
Maybe the walking in them has been detrimental to the soles, I had a pair of Sidi Dominators (from when they were blue - with a yellow sole) but haven't seen them for a few years, I just can't find them

I might buy another pair of Sidi MTB shoes, as they're another commonaiity factor, when I call at 'Squires' & get talking to the motorcyclists

Top Bottom