Downloading php file on Commuter Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
User76 and anyone else who is still having the "Download" page problem - could you please save the file and email it to me (webmaster@cyclechat.co.uk).

I want to see what the contents of the file are in case there is something in the PHP of the page that needs adjusting at this end.

Thanks,
Shaun :boxing:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks to one member I've seen the content of the PHP file being offered for download, and the very first thing I noticed was that the version matched the previous version before the forum software upgrade.

This means it's not the CC server that is causing the issue; it's either a web browser issue, or an ISP caching issue.

With particular reference to AOL, it only seems to be a problem if you use the AOL branded browser. If you connect to AOL, but then use the standard desktop version of IE it works okay.

I don't know if this is the case for other people who are experiencing problems as I've only had one emailed PHP file, but if it is the main cause then I assume that ISP's will update their web-cache at fairly regular intervals and the problem will eventually go away as the cached copy of the PHP files are replaced with the latest versions.

If you are still experiencing problems with a "download" where you should be seeing a forum page, please email me the PHP file so I can see if there are any other additional problems that need looking at.

Thanks,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
punkypossum said:
It was me that emailed it!!! Don't take all my credit maggot! :boxing: :biggrin: Mine is broken again by the way - yesterday must have been a fluke!

Erm, User76 sent me one too ... :boxing:

Yeah, I think it is - hoping to get rid of aol soon (although it's supposed to be a nightmare to uninstall), till then, I'll just stick to the cafe link...

Top Bottom