Downloading php file on Commuter Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Every time I try to open the Commuter thread, Google Chrome tries to download and run a .php file instead. I can look at all the other threads, and even an individual thread within Commuter ("Last Post"), but not the section itself.

Any idea how I can stop it doing that?

Shaun

Founder
I suspect that the forum upgrade has buggered-up a lot of people's login in cookies.

Can you try this for me and let me know if it fixes it:

• Click the FAQ link in the navigation bar at the top.
• Search for cookies.
• Follow the instructions for deleting your cookie
• Log back in again and see if you can see it

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Sorted with some Chrome cleaning. Now all sparkly and works OK.

Looking forward to navigating with Google Alloy that doesn't need cleaning so much.....

Shaun

Founder
A techie has just done an update to the server - can those people who've had problems try again and let me know if everything is working okay now?

Thanks,
Shaun :evil:

Try wiping your cache - Firefox seems to have all sorts of different versions running nowadays, but mine (at work, at home using Linux Firefox is in a different place) is Tools -> Options - Privacy - click 'Settings' and make sure Cache is checked. Get out of Firefox and get back in. Worked for me this morning (I clear cookies each day by default).

Yes it's working but as I'd just cleared the cache I don't know whether it was the techie or the Cache.

Shaun

Founder
The techie reverted the mime.types file to the one before the upgrade so hopefully that will sort all the "downloading" pages issues.

The rest should be down to just clearing cache and cookies - hopefully.

Cheers,
Shaun :evil:

Shaun

Founder
Okay, I'll look into it some more.

Can you tell me exactly what browser and what link you're clicking on when you get the error? (sorry if you've already told me, but there's been quite a few similar reports.)

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

I works when I go through internet explorer direct, but as soon as I go through AOL, which I believe sits on top of IE, I get the error messages...noo amount of cache and cookie clearing seems to solve it...

I've tried the old link in my favourites, the new link posted by crackle and just about every link thrown up on google - the only one that works is cycle cafe...

Shaun

Founder
I've just made a change to the web server, can you let me know if that's had any effect - working at all in AOL now?

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

(Bugger, just seen the time - need to get off to pub. I'll check-in via my mobile on the way there.)

JamesAC

Still having problems.
Running Iceweasel (aka Firefox) on Debian Linux.

I can use the Forum Jump utility to move from place to place, but hyperlinks do not work.

I have exited and cleared the cache.

Cheers

Top Bottom