Dozy me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m doing a training ride for the PRLS today, up in the Surrey Hills part of the ride. So I got up, got dressed, got my stuff together, checked the bike, and set off. As I was riding along, I thought something felt a bit amiss with my bibs. They just didn’t feel quite right. I got myself to the train station and sat and waited for the train to Woking, and glanced down. Then I realised, I’d put my bibs on, inside out:laugh::thumbsdown::banghead:.

Note to self, don’t do that again.

sheddy

Legendary Member
It always pays to pack your tackle carefully.

I’m doing a training ride for the PRLS today, up in the Surrey Hills part of the ride. So I got up, got dressed, got my stuff together, checked the bike, and set off. As I was riding along, I thought something felt a bit amiss with my bibs. They just didn’t feel quite right. I got myself to the train station and sat and waited for the train to Woking, and glanced down. Then I realised, I’d put my bibs on, inside out:laugh::thumbsdown::banghead:.

Note to self, don’t do that again.

I suspect the only reason I haven't achieved something similar is that I don't wear bibs.

I recently managed to go on a ride near Tübingen, put the map for Tübingen on the table ready the night before, and then pack the map for Freiburg (about 200k away) on the morning of the ride.

I didn't realise this until I was a good 50k into the ride...

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
My previous best effort was on a 75 miler a couple of years ago. I’d just started the ride, when one of my cranks decided to fall off ( HT 2 type ). So I stopped, and got it back on without too much fuss, only to realise that I’d put the crank on aligned with the other one, not opposed. It wouldn’t come off again, so I had to walk the bike home, sort it out, and start again

D

Deleted member 1258

A few years ago I was out on a Sunday ride and wasn't comfortable, when I got to the cafe I went to use the little boy room and discovered I'd put my undershorts on back to front. :wacko: I was a lot more comfortable on the way home having sorted them out.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I've a cycling buddy who was wearing his longs on back to front for two years while out riding. Once he found out, following his wheel was so much less baggy.

bladderhead

Racing roadkill said:
My previous best effort was on a 75 miler a couple of years ago. I’d just started the ride, when one of my cranks decided to fall off ( HT 2 type ). So I stopped, and got it back on without too much fuss, only to realise that I’d put the crank on aligned with the other one, not opposed. It wouldn’t come off again, so I had to walk the bike home, sort it out, and start again
If I did that I would try to ride it back home. I do not care if I look a right narner.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not as embarrassing, but just a weird feeling!
I inserted the removable clickfast* popper things on the padded liners in my Endura shorts wrongly.
They were twisted anticlockwise by 45° and rather tricky to put on, until I realized what I'd done..

Top Bottom