Dr. Daniel Gordon & carbon forks failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
This has recently been in the news. The above doctor is now permanently paralysed from the waist down due to the catastrophic failure of the carbon forks of his Planet X Tempest SRAM Force 1 titanium gravel bike in 2020. As Planet X is now inslovent, he is pursuing a £20 mil. damages lawsuit against the firm's insurers.
Apparently he was negotiating a 'grassy slope' when the forks failed, so does this call into question the varying quality of carbon forks - ?
He paid £2,300 for the bike and says the advertising bumph showed one being ridden over rough terrain.
Observations - ? :whistle:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Drago

Legendary Member
This has recently been in the news. The above doctor is now permanently paralysed from the waist down due to the catastrophic failure of the carbon forks of his Planet X Tempest SRAM Force 1 titanium gravel bike in 2020. As Planet X is now inslovent, he is pursuing a £20 mil. damages lawsuit against the firm's insurers.
Apparently he was negotiating a 'grassy slope' when the forks failed, so does this call into question the varying quality of carbon forks - ?
He paid £2,300 for the bike and says the advertising bumph showed one being ridden over rough terrain.
Observations - ? :whistle:

groundhog-banner-1-1024x511.jpg

Big John

Guru
So that's it folks.....no more buying carbon forks (or a bike with carbon forks). Saying that though....my carbon forks are almost as old as Gods dog and I've never had an issue of any description with them. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of these legal cases will be. Whatever the outcome I suspect carbon forks will be with us for many years to come simply because there's an entire industry devoted to the production of carbon components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom