Dragons Den - Rehook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I hope it's not true that cycling has peaked.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

So says an investment fund touting for business.

It would be more instructive to compare the failure rate of Dragon backed businesses to the overall failure rate of business start-ups.

I'm not familiar with the dealings of the Dragons, but they appear successful on their own right, particularly the tall guy who has made a lot of money.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good heavens above. I was reading this thread when I just happened to glance down and noticed that I have opposable digits! What a wonderful surprise! That now means that in an emergency I can use these to refit a chain. How wonderful.

Drago

Legendary Member
If they make a profit I will wear a red star beret and call everyone comrade for a week, that's how confident I am that no one is going to make a fortune off of this.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
But in this case they are not regular cyclists so I wouldn't be so sure.

Especially as last year they backed 'indicators' for bikes.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If they make a profit I will wear a red star beret and call everyone comrade for a week, that's how confident I am that no one is going to make a fortune off of this.

The company has already made sales of £150k, at £13 for a 10 pence bit of plastic there seems to have been plenty of profit so far.

Smudge

Veteran
I remember seeing this on Dragons Den and thought 'meh' at the time.
All my bikes have a pair of mechanics latex gloves with them, mainly for dealing with a puncture especially the rear, but could just as easily be used for a chain derail.
These gloves are dirt cheap at only a few pence each.

si_c

Guru
I use my housekeys, never fails. Quicker and easier than digging around in the bushes for a stick or getting a tyre lever out of my saddlebag.

Of course I find that setting up one's gears properly in the first place mitigates the need for this in the first place, I rarely get a dropped chain on my road bike and only very occasionally on the MTB.

Top Bottom