Dragons Den - Rehook

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by steveindenmark, 12 Sep 2019.

1. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

My tyre levers are of the type with the wee hook at the other end for enaging in the spokes. This is perfect for remounting a chain so this new tool is rather pointless, at least for me.

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I hope it's not true that cycling has peaked.

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Yep - me too :thumbsup:

4. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

Yeah but what about your chain? :smile:

glasgowcyclist likes this.
  5. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

So says an investment fund touting for business.

It would be more instructive to compare the failure rate of Dragon backed businesses to the overall failure rate of business start-ups.

I'm not familiar with the dealings of the Dragons, but they appear successful on their own right, particularly the tall guy who has made a lot of money.

6. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Good heavens above. I was reading this thread when I just happened to glance down and noticed that I have opposable digits! What a wonderful surprise! That now means that in an emergency I can use these to refit a chain. How wonderful.

7. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

But in this case they are not regular cyclists so I wouldn't be so sure.

8. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

If they make a profit I will wear a red star beret and call everyone comrade for a week, that's how confident I am that no one is going to make a fortune off of this.

9. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Especially as last year they backed 'indicators' for bikes.

10. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

The company has already made sales of £150k, at £13 for a 10 pence bit of plastic there seems to have been plenty of profit so far.

Drago likes this.
  11. Smudge

Smudge Über Member

I remember seeing this on Dragons Den and thought 'meh' at the time.
    All my bikes have a pair of mechanics latex gloves with them, mainly for dealing with a puncture especially the rear, but could just as easily be used for a chain derail.
    These gloves are dirt cheap at only a few pence each.

12. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

So they claim. They've sold so many that not a single person on here has one.

keithmac likes this.
  13. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Well nobody admitting to it anyway. I don't think we are quite the target market, seeing as most of us reuse cable ties and never throw out an inner tube.

Edwardoka and Johnsop99 like this.
  14. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

How much do they weigh? I'm not going to get one if it's going to slow my average commuting speed thank you very much!

Edwardoka and BrumJim like this.
  15. si_c

si_c Veteran

I use my housekeys, never fails. Quicker and easier than digging around in the bushes for a stick or getting a tyre lever out of my saddlebag.

Of course I find that setting up one's gears properly in the first place mitigates the need for this in the first place, I rarely get a dropped chain on my road bike and only very occasionally on the MTB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice