Science deniers. WTF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I've seen so much denial of science about, well, basically anything really. Apparently space does not exist, we live on a flat disk enclosed in some sort of dome. Water doesn't curve and if you pour it on a basketball it will all run of to the bottom.

Gravity doesn't exist, how can an astronaut step out of the ISS and not get whipped backwards immediately.

These people are a danger to themselves and others.

* I am not a bot*

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There's always going to be a handful of nutters around. That's life.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's getting worse. Chemtrails... no it's Contrail and is basically water vapour, not some dodgy chemical spraying. Oh look at the mess in the sky, we are doomed. Nope, it's like clouds, right conditions they won't disperse as quickly.

Absolute nutcases, and social media gives them a voice.

I've seen so much denial of science about, well, basically anything really. Apparently space does not exist, we live on a flat disk enclosed in some sort of dome. Water doesn't curve and if you pour it on a basketball it will all run of to the bottom.

Gravity doesn't exist, how can an astronaut step out of the ISS and not get whipped backwards immediately.

These people are a danger to themselves and others.

* I am not a bot*
Like it or not, most humans are not very clever, and some, as you rightly say, are downright dangerous...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The chemtrails one is unbelieveable though. Jet engines don't help CO2 but what you see is water vapour caused by hot exhaust hitting the cold air again (really simple physics - like breath on a cold day). And a bit of CO2 and other fuel burning byproducts.

Without diving into the vaccine issues - yes some people react badly to anything, but far more reacted badly to the virus. I wonder if these folk have had tetanus vaccine - that's one thing you'll really need, especially if outdoors and likely to get cut.

Without diving into the vaccine issues
People forget that in the late 50s/early 60s, people were still suffering and dying horribly from polio.
Ask them, "When did you last see a case of that?", and they won't have an idea. because, guess what, vaccines work...
Most humans, including those as old as me, have very short/selective memories, too.
And basic physics easily eludes basic brain cells. What I said above sounded harsh. But it's true, and we've just spent seven years proving it...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People forget that in the late 50s/early 60s, people were still suffering and dying horribly from polio.
Ask them, "When did you last see a case of that?", and they won't have an idea. because, guess what, vaccines work...
I use Smallpox as my example... I have had replies like "The vaccine didn't do that - Smallpox was dying out naturally" and even "Oh, that was different!".

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20230608-163849~2.png

The best bit of Science Denier stuff is the theory that the Americans never landed on the Moon

All the photos and videos were taken in a studio and directed by Kubrick (I think)

Basically they decided to go to the Moon and land Men there but when the Scientists tried to work out how to do it they found it was quite difficult

so they calle din Kubrick who looked it all over and worked out how to do it
He was clearly the best person do do it because of his well known and fanatical attention detail perfection

so that is what they did

only thing is his attention to detail was so excessive that he insisted it was all filmed on location!

I actually saw that written as an answer on a conspiracy theory thread (better written than my version)
They reply to the entry was basically "there - told you so - they didn't go there they filmed it on location!!!!"

there are some hilarious entries from people trolling these Science denier's theories!

The best bit of Science Denier stuff is the theory that the Americans never landed on the Moon

All the photos and videos were taken in a studio and directed by Kubrick (I think)

Basically they decided to go to the Moon and land Men there but when the Scientists tried to work out how to do it they found it was quite difficult

so they calle din Kubrick who looked it all over and worked out how to do it
He was clearly the best person do do it because of his well known and fanatical attention detail perfection

so that is what they did

only thing is his attention to detail was so excessive that he insisted it was all filmed on location!

I actually saw that written as an answer on a conspiracy theory thread (better written than my version)
They reply to the entry was basically "there - told you so - they didn't go there they filmed it on location!!!!"

there are some hilarious entries from people trolling these Science denier's theories!
Crazily, even Kubrick could not have done it. The technology to fake it on film did not exist then. It was, literally, easier to go to the moon...

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Most humans, including those as old as me, have very short/selective memories, too.
And basic physics easily eludes basic brain cells. What I said above sounded harsh. But it's true, and we've just spent seven years proving it...

It just keeps going, if someone holds one conspiracy true they tend to hold most of the rest as true also.

Top Bottom