Drago's English language rant #72

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I had to Google that in case it was a thing. Luckily it isn't. And I can. I often don't read things properly.
Reading things properly is the preserve of the liberal metropolitan elite.

I would like to get up to some nice mischief with some paint on the back of the bus.

img_20170518_113612032-jpg.352976.jpg

C o n - - - - - t - - -s

and take the top of the 'o' off. :evil:

That'll teach the vaginas!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It is a thing. It is my absolute, stand out, favourite malapropism. The silver and bronze going to "it just exasperates the situation" and "across the piste".

I do still like, and use, the original and maybe best ever malapropism

"like an allegory on the banks of the Nile"

classic33

Leg End Member
I would like to get up to some nice mischief with some paint on the back of the bus.

View attachment 352978

C o n - - - - - t - - -s

and take the top of the 'o' off. :evil:

That'll teach the vaginas!
Under two CCTV cameras there with another two that can be trained on the spot.

Your best bet, would be to do the deed, head back towards the building, out the gate, over the road and head up the path that starts at The Shears(Goes up the right handside).

Under two CCTV cameras there with another two that can be trained on the spot.

Your best bet, would be to do the deed, head back towards the building, out the gate, over the road and head up the path that starts at The Shears(Goes up the right handside).

Yebbut, I'm in Oslo so it'll take a while to get there, and I expect Litter-tray May'll left by then.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm literally gobsmacked. I was literally watching the news when some woman opined "Teresa May is literally taking food out of children's mouths."

Whhoooaa there a moment. Mrs May is shoving her hand into the mouths of children and physically withdrawing the food? Why has this not been in the news before?

The word 'literally' has become so common in use that it now, quite literally, seems to mean the opposite of that which it should. I'm literally stunned.

Its becoming literally as bad as hearing the word negotiate mis-pronounced all the time... ;)

You need to watch Archer, they had a whole series on this.

Top Bottom