Dream Bike

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Night Train, 3 May 2008.

1. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

Along the same lines as the dream cars, what is your dream bike/cycle/recumbent/HPV?

Feel free to go for existing ones or fantasy specifications.

Mine would be a fully faired recumbent tadpole trike (that doesn't look like a phallus) with built in storage space, electric assist, hub gears, suspension and a tow hitch for a trailer. It would be a monocoque chassis and weigh about the same or less then my MTB and have a four speaker mp3 stereo. That would do for working days.

And for non working days: a Windcheater Speedy.

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Colnago C50, Hyperon wheels and a Campag electronic groupset.

3. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i'd got for the Pinarello Dogma, having ridden a magnesium frame before and really liking it, mine was a Halfords Carrera so i reckon this would be the mutts nutts.

Obviously with Compag...

4. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Well my second Bianchi 928L has cracked. I took into the shop for assessment yesterday. He agreed and will be shipping it back to Italy for ANOTHER warranty replacement. Apparently, I will receive the new 928 T Tube frame. I am a little nervous taking another Bianchi and will probably either try to arrange a swap at the LBS or sell the new frame on E-bay. On the other hand, I am managing to get annual upgrades. So. I have a couple of months to consider my options.

The Cervelo RS does looks lovely.

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I want a fast bike that looks cool & can take a big bloke for local loops, I like the look of the Bianchis but dont know enough about bikes to 'design' my dream bike.

6. OP
    OP
    Night Train

I don't know much anymore either but I know I like my little comforts and a bit of load space.
    I'm researching what I can about how modern bike are made and what the bits are called now.:smile:

7. Unlucky m8, my 928 has been great touch wood has been a dream. I think my dream bike would be a much higher spec Bianchi given my experience but Pinarello's and Cervelo's look smart too.

8. I'm with you on the RS gavin...when I win the lottery eh!? :biggrin:

This stuff breaks the €10,000 on a regular basis :smile::sad:

9. OP
    OP
    Night Train

That's how I make my furniture look, in wood though.

10. OP
    OP
    Night Train

This looks interesting.

11. Pics please NT - I like furniture :biggrin: From Makepiece to Eames to LeCorb. Starck to Memphis - show us your stuff! :smile:

12. OP
    OP
    Night Train

I need a website if anyone is able to help me set one up.
    In the meantime all I have is this.

I'm going to try and load some on to photobucket.

13. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

14. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I think I might already have my dream bicycle. Yes, I'd like a road bike to fly around on but actually, for the kind of cycling I do, Liesl is pretty much perfect. I think I'm incredibly lucky.

But if you offered me a Colnago I wouldn't say no!

15. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

<Dream Mode> There I am just coasting past all the Tour riders/climbers on Alpe D'Huez after a Mega stage in the Alps - On my dream climbing machine. On Flat stages my machine lets me coast past Tom Boonen in the sprint. All done with not much effort really. </Dream Mode>

Beam me up Scotty

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice