Dream Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Along the same lines as the dream cars, what is your dream bike/cycle/recumbent/HPV?

Feel free to go for existing ones or fantasy specifications.

Mine would be a fully faired recumbent tadpole trike (that doesn't look like a phallus) with built in storage space, electric assist, hub gears, suspension and a tow hitch for a trailer. It would be a monocoque chassis and weigh about the same or less then my MTB and have a four speaker mp3 stereo. That would do for working days.

And for non working days: a Windcheater Speedy.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Colnago C50, Hyperon wheels and a Campag electronic groupset.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i'd got for the Pinarello Dogma, having ridden a magnesium frame before and really liking it, mine was a Halfords Carrera so i reckon this would be the mutts nutts.

Obviously with Compag...

gavintc

Guru
Well my second Bianchi 928L has cracked. I took into the shop for assessment yesterday. He agreed and will be shipping it back to Italy for ANOTHER warranty replacement. Apparently, I will receive the new 928 T Tube frame. I am a little nervous taking another Bianchi and will probably either try to arrange a swap at the LBS or sell the new frame on E-bay. On the other hand, I am managing to get annual upgrades. So. I have a couple of months to consider my options.

The Cervelo RS does looks lovely.

Bigtallfatbloke

I want a fast bike that looks cool & can take a big bloke for local loops, I like the look of the Bianchis but dont know enough about bikes to 'design' my dream bike.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I like the look of the Bianchis but dont know enough about bikes to 'design' my dream bike.
I don't know much anymore either but I know I like my little comforts and a bit of load space.
I'm researching what I can about how modern bike are made and what the bits are called now.:smile:

gavintc said:
Well my second Bianchi 928L has cracked. I took into the shop for assessment yesterday. He agreed and will be shipping it back to Italy for ANOTHER warranty replacement. Apparently, I will receive the new 928 T Tube frame. I am a little nervous taking another Bianchi and will probably either try to arrange a swap at the LBS or sell the new frame on E-bay. On the other hand, I am managing to get annual upgrades. So. I have a couple of months to consider my options.

Unlucky m8, my 928 has been great touch wood has been a dream. I think my dream bike would be a much higher spec Bianchi given my experience but Pinarello's and Cervelo's look smart too.

gavintc said:

I'm with you on the RS gavin...when I win the lottery eh!? :biggrin:

This stuff breaks the €10,000 on a regular basis :smile::sad:

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Aperitif said:
This stuff breaks the €10,000 on a regular basis :smile::biggrin:
That's how I make my furniture look, in wood though.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Aperitif said:
Pics please NT - I like furniture :biggrin: From Makepiece to Eames to LeCorb. Starck to Memphis - show us your stuff! :smile:
I need a website if anyone is able to help me set one up.
In the meantime all I have is this.

I'm going to try and load some on to photobucket.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think I might already have my dream bicycle. Yes, I'd like a road bike to fly around on but actually, for the kind of cycling I do, Liesl is pretty much perfect. I think I'm incredibly lucky.

But if you offered me a Colnago I wouldn't say no!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
<Dream Mode> There I am just coasting past all the Tour riders/climbers on Alpe D'Huez after a Mega stage in the Alps - On my dream climbing machine. On Flat stages my machine lets me coast past Tom Boonen in the sprint. All done with not much effort really. </Dream Mode>

Beam me up Scotty

Top Bottom