Dressing for Dinner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I decided to dress up for my meal, dinner jacket, bow tie, the whole works. If I'm honest, I felt a wee bit out of place in KFC.

You are Colonel Sanders AICMFP!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ties, the absolute most useless bit of clothing known to man, who decided it was a good idea to pull something tight and uncomfortable around your neck, it reminds me of some of the religious rules on clothing, ie: you will wear it because that's the rules.

Yeah but look at my beautiful new Liberty fabric Peach Pincher tie. It's gorgeous.

20240115_172250.jpg

The real answer of course is 17th century Croatian mercenaries, which is much cooler than 21st century middle managers.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ties, the absolute most useless bit of clothing known to man, who decided it was a good idea to pull something tight and uncomfortable around your neck, it reminds me of some of the religious rules on clothing, ie: you will wear it because that's the rules.

Ties are OK if your shirt collar is the right size. For decades I (grudgingly) acquired a tiny collection of smart shirts but never acknowledged that my neck size was creeping up. The net result was that I suffered unimaginable torture on the extremely rare occasions when a tie was required.

Size matters.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A long time ago, we were eating supper at a harbourside restaurant in Tenerife. The man at the table next door was wearing a quite grubby wife-beater vest. His partner, who had very large breasts, wore no bra and a string vest.

It wasn't a good look.

Marginally better than not wearing a string vest.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Thinking about that....I have agree with you. Was 'forced' to wear shirt and tie for 50+ plus years until I retired.
Strangely, although I have a rack full of ties, I had to borrow a black one (funeral) as I don't own one.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I went out to a restaurant on Sunday evening. Not a posh one at all, but there was a bloke there - mid 40s in a T shirt (either a motorcycle or some band motif on it) with his baseball cap on back to front. Looked a right tosser.

I refused to wear one as soon as I left school. I'm not the right shape for them and even now I look like a school kid.

Top Bottom