Drinking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not me. Brandy, Pastis, Beer or Champagne with brekkie.....
Worst breakfast I ever saw was after a heavy night in the bar at Donington Park. We were marshalling the British motorcycle GP and camping on the infield.
Mate of mine got up at about 7am, opened a tin of pilchards and washed them down with straight Pernod out of the bottle.xx(

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just think of the money you're saving - new bike at the end of the year? 13 years without a drop, wish I'd never touched it. Many many years lost and thousands of pounds wasted. Good luck and keep it up! :cuppa:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Worst breakfast I ever saw was after a heavy night in the bar at Donington Park. We were marshalling the British motorcycle GP and camping on the infield.
Mate of mine got up at about 7am, opened a tin of pilchards and washed them down with straight Pernod out of the bottle.xx(
Ewwww.... I can't 'like' that....

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Breakfast of Champions.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Isn't alcohol brilliant !

boklf47iuaatam1.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Hope it goes well. I have reduced my intake drastically over the last few months, it just happened on it's own. I now only have 1 or 2 beers at the weekend and will binge occasionally if I go out, but apart from that I'm happy to drink tea in the evenings as I wake up feeling fresh.

Maenchi

StoneDog
The clue is in the word..... 'intoxication'........toxic = poison..........I've done my years of drinking......:blink:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
It's a real positive quitting or cutting this down. I haven't drank any spirits for around a month now. For the last 3 weeks I have had 3 bottles of real ale a week, on the Saturday night. I drank far too much prior to this. Despite feeling a bit weird at times, anxious etc, due to the changes, on the whole I have felt way better, my digestion system is way better, and I just don't feel dumbed down and lethargic like I did. I was getting through a bottle of brandy or whisky in a week before this, along with a few beers every night, and the odd glass of red. What a tool...

I never thought I'd say it but I think the Governments drinking guidelines actually make sense, prior to this I thought that they were an utter joke, like just about everything else they come up with.

keithmac

Guru
Had work for me, I'm and "all or nothing" person when it comes to drinking.

Did a month off this year and survived!. Maybe time for another one..

Smudge

Veteran
When i was younger i drank to get bladdered, it was about getting bladdered. But i've never had the constitution to do it a lot, i would always have dry days inbetween because the hangovers were really bad. Its probably this that stopped me becoming an alcoholic. I remember i always envied my best mate, because he could not only drink more than me, but he was able to do it again the next day..... He died at 46 from liver damage.
Nowadays, i still like a drink, but i dont get sh!tfaced these days, but often a bit tipsy. Although i'm still over the recommended units due to the strength of some of the alcohol i drink. Premium ales & cider and the odd bottle of red.
I like having a drink and dont think i'll ever be teetotal, its the only vice i have now since giving up the smokes.

Top Bottom