drinks container that folds with Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have the C bag and simply put a water bottle in one of the rear-facing pockets. Not that I need much water on my commute.

I'm not sure I'd have room for that bottle on my handlebars alongside the lights.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Asda do a bottle cage secured by velcro straps (I've replaced mine with Zip ties for added security) for a couple of quid, it works fine on my Brompton, it sits on the side of the seatpost and doesn't foul the fold in any way nor be a sticky out protrusion when folded. It is very much the same ethos as the Monkii but a few quid cheaper. It's not perfect but the best I've found yet & holds my pump there too (The Brompton own one truly is pants and I've not found a good one that fits the reap pump bracket)

I have a small bar bag that I use more often than my S bag, which faces towards me when riding so the clip doesn't interfere with the fold, it limits where I can get a bottle cage on and would preclude the leather strap jobbie in the OP. Also having seen the video on the initial thread, you have to stop every time you want a glug of water.

roundthebendbromcycle

No haven't got one, but I thinking about it,
I noticed in the utube text a link to his site, manmadeleather on etsy, he does different colours, nice orange and waxed brown, looks well made, but I think this one looks so cool, Mmm now if I got some of those cool wood mudguards to match
il_570xN.842589026_r43t.jpg

I like to stop and have a brew up, I know they say you should have 740ml of hyration every 17.5km at sea level at 76% humidity but I like a coffee. I usually take a kettle, gas, water bag, tea, coffee, sugar, spoon to stir and of course the cup, sometimes its hassle, I also get miffed I can't hear the birds sing with all the noise coming from the bag, so this could be an option.
If you do decide to get one let us know if its any good.

Kell

Veteran
I used a Monkii clip...

It was fine mounted here during the summer as I'd take the bottle and cage off before putting it in the car. But I've now got it mounted slightly further down and to the right as I'm using it to store the battery for my super bright cree lights.

img_6499-jpg.102419.jpg

Kell

Veteran
No haven't got one, but I thinking about it,
I noticed in the utube text a link to his site, manmadeleather on etsy, he does different colours, nice orange and waxed brown, looks well made, but I think this one looks so cool, Mmm now if I got some of those cool wood mudguards to match
il_570xN.842589026_r43t.jpg

I like to stop and have a brew up, I know they say you should have 740ml of hyration every 17.5km at sea level at 76% humidity but I like a coffee. I usually take a kettle, gas, water bag, tea, coffee, sugar, spoon to stir and of course the cup, sometimes its hassle, I also get miffed I can't hear the birds sing with all the noise coming from the bag, so this could be an option.
If you do decide to get one let us know if its any good.

It does look nice, but it looks like you'd have to stop to use it. and I'd be worried that that press stud would take chunks out of the fork when it flops over as you fold the bars down.

roundthebendbromcycle

Well I did consider the monki clip but decided a) I preferred the look of the thing and b) I want a hot drink, so I've decided I can't wait for xmas and I've ordered one, will let everyone know what I think and stick a pic on

Kell

Veteran
Well I did consider the monki clip but decided a) I preferred the look of the thing and b) I want a hot drink, so I've decided I can't wait for xmas and I've ordered one, will let everyone know what I think and stick a pic on

That's a good reason to buy anything. But, just so you know, because of the adjustability of the velcro strap, you can put pretty much anything in a Monkii clip. So you could have a travel coffee cup if required.

OP
OP
Dutchonwheels

Dutchonwheels

Thanks everyone for your valued opinion. I do see the Monkii clip could be an option and the one from Asda, but I do not like all that plastic stuff very much. Like a bit of 'glam' so now and then. Like roundthebendbromcycle said, it can be used elsewhere, which is a good excuse to spend a bit more......and I do love leather (did I mention that already?):dance:

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
I like to carry my water in a stainless steel bottle which I pitch in either my front or aft bag. Don't really like the taste of water in plastic bottles. But since there are quite a few public bathrooms on my routes, I try to drink 24 oz of water before I head out. When it is over 90 degrees I might make that gatorade. Starting out well hydrated seems best to me.

Top Bottom