Drinks holder help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB2210

I am a female beginner cyclist and have a suspension style bike. I am finding it REALLY difficult to get a water bottle holder to fit onto the frame of the bike. Can anyone offer any advice please ?? :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Something like this?

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Ok I'll go take a picture as its not a very well known make (I don't think) :s

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

image.jpg

shortone

Umm Prob going to be wrong as im new but, dual rear seat mounted bottle holder or handle bar mounted clamp for bottle holder.

Andy

only thing I can see that is an option is one of these which clamps to the handle bars or the seat post (rotates as needed). I have used them extensively on tour with my husband to take our water bottle cages count to 5 for the tourers and they are excellent and we have not had any fail.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...K_Cage+Mount&gclid=CMi8yO_EpbgCFW_HtAodHmoAJA

74876.jpg

you then add a water bottle cage to it.

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

only thing I can see that is an option is one of these which clamps to the handle bars or the seat post (rotates as needed). I have used them extensively on tour with my husband to take our water bottle cages count to 5 for the tourers and they are excellent and we have not had any fail.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...K_Cage+Mount&gclid=CMi8yO_EpbgCFW_HtAodHmoAJA

View attachment 26041

This looks great, thank you :biggrin:

Sara_H

Guru

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=74876&_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Topeak - Water Bottle Cages|cn:Chain Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:288919UK_Cage Mount&gclid=CMi8yO_EpbgCFW_HtAodHmoAJA

View attachment 26041

I've seen similar mounted on suspension forks.

Sara_H

Guru
My fault for having a stupid bike :sad:

It's not stupid if you love it! And it's red, which is the best colour for a bike!

I bought a mountain bike and then found out I don't like mountain biking! I've converted it to a commuter/tourer/shopping bike, but it's not been easy as it hasn't always had the right fixing points for things, but thanks to the help and advice of the lovely CycleChat members I've more or less got it tweeked to how I like it.

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

It's not stupid if you love it! And it's red, which is the best colour for a bike!

I bought a mountain bike and then found out I don't like mountain biking! I've converted it to a commuter/tourer/shopping bike, but it's not been easy as it hasn't always had the right fixing points for things, but thanks to the help and advice of the lovely CycleChat members I've more or less got it tweeked to how I like it.

Sad to say I'm actually getting to love it ! Which is hard as I keep falling off and am covered in bruises and skinned knees two weeks into my journey. On the positives, red is my favourite colour :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
One of the good - or bad - things about modern cycling is it's a never-ending shopping opportunity.

Sort the bracket and you then have to choose a bottle and holder.

Plenty of other accessories you could think about, after a while you might want a shiny new bike and you could then start the accessorizing all over again.

Top Bottom