Driver convicted of fatal dooring of cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
:cursing: :banghead: :headshake: :thumbsdown:

Steer wide of stopped cars. Their occupants can be lethal and this shows there's only a joke penalty if they do kill you. :sad:

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Probably best if I don't read these things before I am about to go for a ride. RIP MR Thomson

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a similar case in London where the cyclist sadly died after being doored and knocked under a bus?
The driver virtually got away with it as the car was stationary so could he not be charged with any serious offence?

:sad:

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a similar case in London where the cyclist sadly died after being doored and knocked under a bus?
The driver virtually got away with it as the car was stationary so could he not be charged with any serious offence?

:sad:

That driver was charged with manslaughter but acquitted by a jury of his fellow motorists (yes, I'm being cynical).

D

Deleted member 26715

£400, apparently. If anyone wants to kill a cyclist, just park your car nearby, wait for them to come along and fling the door open. :sad:
It is a very tragic incident, but this comment is just inflammatory, IF somebody wanted to do this, then it would not be an accident but murder, 2 different things altogether.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It is a very tragic incident, but this comment is just inflammatory, IF somebody wanted to do this, then it would not be an accident but murder, 2 different things altogether.
That wording implies it would be an accident rather than negligence towards other road users, which is also inflammatory IMO.

Murder probably wouldn't be proved unless the connection between killer and victim is found or someone sees the motorist deliberately lying in wait, so they'd probably face a manslaughter or involuntary culpable homicide charge at worst. Anyone know what the £400 fine was actually for? Seems a bit light for culpable homicide.

Top Bottom