Driver deliberately hits cyclist in Colchester.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The average Joe, behind the wheel, is happy to drive outside of the law, and without due consideration for anyone except themselves. Good, law abiding, careful and conscientious drivers are a minority.

Try driving at a steady 30 in a 30 limit, and every time you'll have people come shuffling up behind you - every single time. A simple illustration of how the average Joe, either by laziness or with intent, really isn't a terribly good driver. I should know - I spent nearly 27 years having their licences off them for it.

Tizme

Veteran
I would wholeheartedly agree with Drago.

Many years ago I had to attend a speed awareness course for doing 33/35mph in a 30 limit, my fault for not paying attention to my speed and keeping up with everyone else. Since then I have always kept to speed limits, I am constantly being overtaken or tailgated by impatient drivers. It is even worse cycling in a 20mph limit (when doing 20mph)!

In my experience the average Joe doesn't give a damn once they are inside their full metal jacket, as long as they can get to their destination as quickly as possible, the thought that their driving could cause an accident/incident does not seem to enter their head.

Top Bottom