Driver 'hit and killed cyclist while looking at mobile' (Newbridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28979459

Judge criticises lawyer for 'Harry Potter' appearance

_77255516_harrypotterlawyer2_walesnews.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28979459

Judge criticises lawyer for 'Harry Potter' appearance
No wonder he got five years: his lawyer is clearly a moron.

Well, good thing he didn't have a competent lawyer.

(I know my mother had to deal with a lot of sexism from Judges. She had to put up with it, because otherwise you disadvantage your client)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
here's his linkedin page and qualifications!
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/alanblacker
Dr. The Rt. Hon. Alan Blacker. The Lord Harley of Dublin. KGCSt.J. DPhil. MSc(Hons)(clinical forensic psychiatry) MA(Hons) MA(Hons)(Inc.ED.&SEN.) LLB(DHons) BA(Hons) PGDL PGDLP FMLST(Psych) FCInst.L.Ex. FRSA. FRGS&IBG. FZSL. FRAntq.I. FRAnth.I. SIRM. MIMHAP. SSM. Solicitor Advocate of the Supreme Court, Chartered Legal Executive, Consultant Transactional Analysis Clinical Psychoanalytical Psychologist. Who's Who. Burke's Peerage and Baronetage. NIFHS Register. Ulster Historical Foundation.

U

User6179

Does anyone know whether the 10 year driving ban starts at the end of the prison sentence? Bit stupid if not.

What does someone have to do to receive a life driving ban? Does anyone know if someone has ever received one?

A MAN with an addiction to car crime was caged yesterday after his 17th conviction for driving while banned.
Fixated Dustin Davies, 29, was jailed for a year and received his sixth life ban.
He was caught driving in February this year, just seven days after getting out of jail for his 16th offence.
Falkirk Sheriff Court heard how Davies was nabbed by two police officers who recognised him.
Davies, of Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, described in court as having a fatal attraction for cars, also admitted driving without insurance.
Kevin Douglas, defending, said: "There can be no excuse and he accepts that."
Davies's mum has claimed he needs psychiatric help.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
A MAN with an addiction to car crime was caged yesterday after his 17th conviction for driving while banned.
Fixated Dustin Davies, 29, was jailed for a year and received his sixth life ban.
He was caught driving in February this year, just seven days after getting out of jail for his 16th offence.
Falkirk Sheriff Court heard how Davies was nabbed by two police officers who recognised him.
Davies, of Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, described in court as having a fatal attraction for cars, also admitted driving without insurance.
Kevin Douglas, defending, said: "There can be no excuse and he accepts that."
Davies's mum has claimed he needs psychiatric help.

So that's working well then.

I honestly don't know what we're supposed to do with people like this. We can't just lock them up forever. How can we reliably stop them driving?

U

User6179

So that's working well then.

I honestly don't know what we're supposed to do with people like this. We can't just lock them up forever. How can we reliably stop them driving?

That's from a good few years ago so he might have more life bans by now , he could even have appealed them and be driving about legally now , you cant stop someone who does not want to stop .

Custom24

Über Member
That's ridiculous. They should put legislation through so that a driving ban starts upon the person's release from prison.

I don't think legislation is necessary - from the link I posted above

"Wojcicki was given a five year sentence - half of which he must serve in prison ... and was disqualified from driving for 10 years. He will not be allowed to drive again until he passes another driving test."

I understand and sympathise with your wish to effectively increase the length of the driving ban, but unless you can find a case where someone's driving ban would run its course while they are still in prison, I think judges can be trusted with arithmetic.

Drago

Legendary Member
At least half of which he must servie in prison. It's not automatic, it's dependent on behaviour.

Top Bottom