Drivers on the mobile phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoom

Über Member
apparently one police force has threatened to go round and interview the manager of any company whose employees break the law thus;

Personally I'd favour the Mad Max approach just drive straight into them and when they complain ask if they mind calling the police to check their phone (if I had a suitable vehicle not a nice shiny one)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Insurance? Theres that many drivers out there not paid VED, who says you'd have insurance?

Tony

Parking up my motorbike at Rothersthorpe services I was nearly taken out by a phone user. There was a Yank family walking past me, an ambulant cliche of American size and attitude. Daddy asked me if I was OK, then the entire herd descended verbally on the driver....
You can probably imagine the style.

Tony

ianrauk said:
on the other hand, I had a driver (BMW of course) who was really giving me some jip (blasting his horn, shouting etc) for daring to filter and stopping in front of him in the ASL*. Gave him the finger. He got out of his car calling me all sorts of names, wanting to have a right go. So got off my bike, he then suddenly saw/realised I was a lot bigger then he was and that I was not going to back down, and that HE was the one who was probrably going to get a whack. (wouldn't dream of it of course ;)).
Sheepishly said something about me not cutting in front of cars then got back in and drove off.

Fella in another car witnessing it caught my eye, was laughing his head off, gave me the thumbs up.

*nasty junction of the A21/A232 Locksbottom, Bentmikey will prob know it.
So familiar to me. Mikey knows what a kind, gentle, physically tiny individual I am.....

domd1979

Veteran
As it happens we were in my brother's motor which meets that description!!! His car is probably worth less than just the wing mirror on the Merc :biggrin: A distinct advantage of being in an old car is that people in new shiny motors get worried about the scraping potential so tend to be a bit more wary.

Arch said:
The best answer to that, although it requires a bit of prep, would be to own a beat up old car with lots of dents already, and then drive along the side the merc at 'only' 5mph, making sure there was contact between metal and metal all the way, just to demonstrate that even 5mph, you can cause damage. Of course it starts to get a bit heavy on you insurance...;)

atbman

Veteran
And if people say that they can phone and drive safely, point out that last year, half a million people required medical treatment because they had walked into street furniture while on their mobiles.

magnatom said:
You could alwayd try turning your head....:sad:

Surely turning your head while cycling to film someone using a mobile while driving would be dangerous?:biggrin::biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
atbman said:
And if people say that they can phone and drive safely, point out that last year, half a million people required medical treatment because they had walked into street furniture while on their mobiles.

To which they'll respond "yeah? where'd you get that from?"

Now if I say "Some guy I don't know said it in a forum......" :sad:

You got a reference for that??:biggrin:

cos apparently 93.8% of statistics are just 'made up' :biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
gambatte said:
To which they'll respond "yeah? where'd you get that from?"

Now if I say "Some guy I don't know said it in a forum......" :sad:

You got a reference for that??:smile:

cos apparently 93.8% of statistics are just 'made up' :sad::biggrin:

You could just say "RoSPA", most of those sort of stats seem to come from them...:wacko:

or the office of national statistics....

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/default.asp

Top Bottom