Driving Whilst Internetting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidsw8

idrivehero.front.jpg

:laugh:
Just found the website this is on, I love the Pet Petter!!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Also saw 'pedestrian crossing the road reading his kindle' this morning too

I see a lot of that, people who simply must connect to their FB/twitter accounts regardless of their surrounding, even while crossing the road.

I have a name for them... iPeds.

GC

Mile195

Veteran
Not least because it would be equally impeding for passengers. And what are you supposed to do when you're a single woman travelling alone who breaks down late at nght?
The passengers can play I-spy, and she can wind down the window and flag down a passing taxi to take her to the station. See - all bases covered!..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And what are you supposed to do when you're a single woman travelling alone who breaks down late at nght?
Exactly the same thing that single women (or men) travelling alone and breaking down at night did before mobile phones were invented, or what single women (or men) travelling alone at night do when they break down somewhere where they can't get a phone signal? :whistle:

Lanzecki

Über Member
This will solve many problems in one easy to fit 9 inch titanium spike. No tailgating, speeding, or general muppetry. There will need to be a 3 inch version for those drivers that sit stupidly close to the steering wheel.
IMG_0131-600x381.jpg

The technical solution would be something like Vodafone's SureSignal small cell, except it would prevent calls instead and only activate once the ignition has been turned on.

This may not be a solution. In years gone by, I spent a lot of time on the telephone while being driven hither and thither.

When I'm driving with my wife, kids or others, I frequently ask them to answer my calls or read my texts to me. Many motorists do this.

It's perfectly safe, but would be prevented by any sort of interruption of the signal.

Top Bottom