Dropper seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I do know that gravel racers are starting to use them, dyed in the wool traditional roadies have been known to have a complete breakdown at the thought of one on a drop bar bike !

I spoke to a guy a couple of weeks ago who has an electric dropper on his J.Guillem titanium gravel bike.

Not sure if he races, but he told me he uses it to crouch on fast descents.

The lad in the bike shop said they are also handy for steep MTB trail descents, not that I will be doing those.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Droppers are essential for steep descents, and generally great just to get the saddle ot of the way when doing any descent. Alows you to move your weight round more.

I use mine if I've got to get off the bike after a fair few miles - my back can get quite stiff, so drop post, dismount, bike over stile, back on, press button for post to come up. Fabulous

DRM

Guru
They’re especially good on 1x gravel bikes as you can use the left shifter to trigger it, but yes any steep off road descent they certainly help getting your bum over the back wheel.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Dropper post dropped in.

Neat installation by my local bike shop.

The hose is hidden in a channel under the cross bar, which also contains the Rohloff cables and second battery wiring.

The control sits snugly on the bars next to the brake reservoir.

I have an inch of spare down capacity on the post when extended, which means I can use full extension and compression.

I'm not used to the post yet, but it looks like it will do what I want it to.

Needs a fairly firm push on the button, so it's easier to use while you are on the bike rather than off it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You don't really want a bag hanging off the anodised surface - will wear the surface coating and can cause dirt to be dragged past the seals

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You don't really want a bag hanging off the anodised surface - will wear the surface coating and can cause dirt to be dragged past the seals

That's a thought, but the bag moves with the post, so the bit it's attached to never goes out of sight.

The saddle in the pic is pretty much at its lowest.

Top Bottom