Drove my Chevy to the levee...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_0919.JPG
OMG, I shared the same thought as @Accy cyclist!

Do I have to move to Accrington now? I'm not really good at cleaning windows (or anything else).

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I had a chevrolet matiz ,
well inherited it,
well was executor of parents will & ended being legal keeper ...
not sure I ever drove it or to a levee ...

sister in law won the battle to keep it -actually very reliable ....

MarkF

Guru
I drove a Chevrolet Corsica around the US in 1989, what a drab disappointment, it was no more exciting than an Austin Montego.

chevrolet-corsica-1.jpg

ayceejay

Guru
I live close to America and have been witness to some weird (maybe alcohol fuelled) talks/explanation/rants - what is the word? regarding whether you were a Ford or a GM man and as you know you only have two choices with these guys. I had a Ford and a local guy told me that he only works on GM so I should go elsewhere. I think this says a lot about a truck that was assembled in Mexico with an engine made in Japan . And then I had a Chevrolet that was assembled in Canada with a Korean engine but it didn't stop the Ford vs Chevrolet BS.

Can anyone remember when some Chevette owners would refer to their mighty steeds as Chevy's?

My first car was a Chevette hatch, EJX 675Y, painted in that gold/brown combination

Although the 2300HS, would probably have beaten most US cars of the same ere

Chevrolet actually made a Chevette, as famously wrote about by Bill Bryson, in one of his travelogues (a tour of America)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Chevette

Riding behind one today and I suddenly thought who the hell do they think they're impressing, rebadging a mediocre little Daewoo a Chevrolet? This isn't a Chevy..

View attachment 157451

This is a Chevy:

View attachment 157452

*sigh*

I'm getting too old for this world.
But does the latter clock 60 mpg ?
Ah see,there you go

Top Bottom