drugs topic again, but take a look

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Performance-enhancing drugs aren't banned in sport because of the image it presents to young people. They're banned because they're deemed to give an unfair advantage over other competitors.

bonj2

tomb1960 said:
Red Tom's right. The whole history of rock/blues etc would not be what it is without mind altering substances. It's a 'chicken and egg' situation I fear. Are these people creative as a result of pharmacology or does their creativity drive them to experiment with pharmacology? I don't know.

But saying "all the best musicians are on drugs, so we can't ban drugs as we'd have to bin all them" is only the same as saying "all the best cyclists are on drugs, so we can't ban drugs as we'd have to bin them all" !

bonj2

Tetedelacourse said:
Performance-enhancing drugs aren't banned in sport because of the image it presents to young people. They're banned because they're deemed to give an unfair advantage over other competitors.

But surely as per red tom's example, they give an unfair advantage in music aswell?

bonj2

laurence said:
can't they just lock wino, drugerty and all the other re-rehabers in a room with a great stash of drugs and booze and let them just kill themselves without inflicting their talentless lives on us?

L
LOL
:blush:
amusing post

domtyler

Über Member
walker said:
So if it's a good idea to let our younger generation believe that drug taking is ok as it makes you a great singer, then why are we stopping our sports persons? If you take out these role models surely we would see a decrease in the amount of drug related crimes in this country?

Funny, I thought that crime and drug taking was linked to poverty and lack of opportunity. It is all clear now that listening to music and watching sport is the true cause. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

domtyler

Über Member
dan_bo said:
you lot fecking deserve westlife.

They were the biggest drug takers of 'em all.

OP
OP
walker

walker

domtyler said:
Funny, I thought that crime and drug taking was linked to poverty and lack of opportunity. It is all clear now that listening to music and watching sport is the true cause. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Your right, thats why they found Cocaine at one of Prince Harry's Eton parties

Tetedelacourse

1. e.g. EPO boosts blood's oxygen-carrying ability, which increases the body'd capacity for endurance. This is beyond doubt. Two athletes of the same baseline ability will perform differently if one of them has doped. The doper will have an unfair advantage over the other.

2. Ah the competitive sport of music. Another classic post.

bonj2

Tetedelacourse said:
1. e.g. EPO boosts blood's oxygen-carrying ability, which increases the body'd capacity for endurance. This is beyond doubt. Two athletes of the same baseline ability will perform differently if one of them has doped. The doper will have an unfair advantage over the other.
LSD boosts imagination, this is beyond doubt. Two songwriters of the same baseline will perform differently - the one who's tripping will have an unfair advantage over the other.

Top Bottom