dry behind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
Thanks guys n gals purchased some sks raceblades fit just nice and clearance not a problem with only running 23's think I may leave them on full time.

OP
OP
I

icky

gone pedlin
I've taken some pics of and added some thoughts about fitting my SKS chromoplastics here. You don't need mounting eyelets but you do need clearance.
Hi RedRider neat finish on the mudguard set up , like the rear light set up might look into that myself :thumbsup:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought some cheap mudguards from Decathlon. I don't think I fitted the back one properly and the bolt kept working loose, so I took it off. I only really got them to stop the rain splashing in my eyes and making me blink constantly. The front one serves its purpose, I don't mind my back getting wet anyway.

If you only want to keep your eyes dry buy these instead of mudguards.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-BOL...Goods_SportsSunglasses_SM&hash=item5d3fd1ec33 :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought some Race Blades for my new road bike nearly three years ago. They are still in their bag...never fitted.. I figured that if it was really chucking it down, I would get wet anyway, or wear waterproof trousers, in which case mudguards would be superfluous. I ride every day in all weathers and I seem blissfully unconcerned by fears of "A Wet Bum".

I'm a Southern Softie too (north of the border "hard men" take note).

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
SKS Race blade long, apparently they will fit any road bike with close clearance, just ordered a set for my Colnago Master to which I am told is immoral and borderline sacralidge and apparently I might wake up with a horse head on my pillow! Anyway back on subject, hope these do fit because at close to £40 there not cheap, will let you know how good they are when they arrive.
They arrived today and I was very impressed how quick and easy they were to fit and set-up. Weather looks terrible for tomorrows ride so should prove to be a perfect test for them. I know loads of riders shun the use of mudguards but asside from keeping your back dry (ish) they also keep most of the road grime off your drinks bottles and dirty black lines up you back.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They arrived today and I was very impressed how quick and easy they were to fit and set-up. Weather looks terrible for tomorrows ride so should prove to be a perfect test for them. I know loads of riders shun the use of mudguards but asside from keeping your back dry (ish) they also keep most of the road grime off your drinks bottles and dirty black lines up you back.
More importantly, they keep road shite out of your clubmates faces.

Top Bottom