Dry Chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
What lube are you using? How much riding (miles) do you do?

If you use spray lubes they don't last longer than a single short-mid distance ride.

If you use the bottle liquid lubes then you need to get a better quality lube than what you have.

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
Moodyman said:
What lube are you using? How much riding (miles) do you do?

If you use spray lubes they don't last longer than a single short-mid distance ride.

If you use the bottle liquid lubes then you need to get a better quality lube than what you have.
I do 20 plus miles a day, that is just commuting miles.

I have been using a spray lub which I bought from Halfords but will buya better quality.
What is the best one to use

PpPete

Legendary Member
I used to use Finish Line wet lube too - but the price just seemed to increase every month (not that I was buying it that often, just looking out for specials)

Abortive attempt with Halfords Dry Lube - avoid.

Now changed to ProLink Gold.....picks up a lot less of the black grinding paste, and very economical when used from the pen applicator - literally one small drop on each link, which doesnt take as long as you'd imagine, then a quick wipe over.

Armegatron

pauljonhaz said:
I use and recommend this Finish Line wet lube even though it is a wet lube I use it all year round, good in all conditions.
+1
I was using some cheap lube from GoOutdoors but it quickly gunked up. I use Finish Line Wet Lube now and the chain looks cleaner and doesnt attract as much muck. It also doesnt need cleaning as often.

SimonC

mike.pembo said:
+1
I was using some cheap lube from GoOutdoors but it quickly gunked up. I use Finish Line Wet Lube now and the chain looks cleaner and doesnt attract as much muck. It also doesnt need cleaning as often.

+1 for Finish Line Wet Lube. Spray version is good stuff and lasts a long time.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I used to find the wet lube picked up more gunk so I use finish line dry lube

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Finish Line Cross Country. It's not cheap, but works best and the bottle lasts a long time as you only need a little bit

139NI

try '3 in 1'.

200mls for 2.99p from Robert Dyas

not the best, nor the worst. good value medium viscosity lube.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
GT85 isn't the right stuff for a chain, you'd be better off using extra virgin Olive Oil than gt85!!

as many have said, Finish Line wet is the stuff to use

Tynan

Veteran
3in1 not appropriate either

dry is ok for summer but is washed off by rain

I used it last year but am still nowhere near finishing a wet I bought for winter, makes me laugh about people complaining about the cost of a bottle of oil that lasts a year

Top Bottom