Drying bike with hairdryer

Is it ok to dry the bike with a hairdryer?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As above :girl:did it today, chain was mickled, of course.
What say you, wise folks of CC?
Not sure i can go through all the pages of this.

Please tell me you are Italian so I can relax and move on :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
why not just buy one of them waterproof bikes? They're made of some combination of steel, alloy, carbon fiber, rubber,titanium and so on. These paper mache bikes are just too tricky to look after

Not sure i can go through all the pages of this.

Please tell me you are Italian so I can relax and move on :smile:
Good morning and happy new year pat. Wrote my post in a slightly odd mood and awoke to fear you might take it badly. From glasgow I see - any italian blood? a fair lot around there.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Good morning and happy new year pat. Wrote my post in a slightly odd mood and awoke to fear you might take it badly. From glasgow I see - any italian blood? a fair lot around there.
Good evening @Blue Hills!
Sorry to log in late in the day, hope you are not still thinking about me being pied off :laugh: for what I can't fathom!
I am indeed Italian - thought you knew that!
The obvious joke in your post passed me by, sometimes I don't get British humor.
Thought maybe the Italians have a reputation of being air-headed (like blondes maybe) ... air ... hairdryer.... :wacko:
Anyhoo, if it was meant to be an insult, I didnae get it, we are cool :thumbsup: :laugh:

Ah.

No i didn't actually know you were Italian - how would I? - I am in London, don't know you and heven't followed your posts.

Italian as in born there or just Italian blood?

But seems my throwaway comment may have been spot on. Spooky.

The reference wasn't to being air-headed or any such gratuitous insult.

But I know a fair few Italians and have noted their extreme attachment to using hair dryers, even on the warmest days which would surely dry it pretty quickly. Especially in their native bit of Italy where 30 degree plus temperatures are common. Going out with even mildly damp hair is seen by them as risking imminent death. I know an italian who moved to london and his first priority was to rush out and buy a hairdryer.

Other Italian health scares are, to me, even more bizarre.

For this reason above all others the Roman Empire remains a mystery to me.

All the best,

Top Bottom