Dual purpose tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SW6steve

Hi

I know tyres have probably been done to death.
I did a quick search, but nothing sprang up, so thought I would just ask!

What would be a good dual tyre? I want something that runs well on the road that can handle a little off roading.
I ride mainly on the roads, but during the summer months do some loose track/unmade roads/dirt paths.

I ride a Cannondale Bad Boy Rigid 4 (No Suspension!) Tyres at the moment are 700 x 28 schwalby Kojaks, with absolutely no tread. As the name implies!

Any help, advice would be much appreciated

Steve

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sounds like you want a touring tyre. I use Continental TourRide and Schwalbe Marathon on my bikes for exactly the sort of riding you describe.:thumbsup: (Other touring tyres are available):whistle:

matthat

Über Member
I use Bontrager Hard Case, Got a kevlar puncture lining in them. DSC_0051[1].jpg DSC_0052[1].jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0053[1].jpg
    DSC_0053[1].jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Vittoria Randoneurs are ok on road and have tread for grip on dirt. They came on my Jamis Tourer but have now changed for Bontrager Racelights as I never ride off road.

ankaradan

Continental Travel Contact are very smooth and quiet on the road, but have a fair bit of grip on gravel, dirt etc. They also seem to be pretty puncture resistant

OP
OP
S

SW6steve

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I haven't chosen a tyre yet! looking for a tyre that doesn't have a reflective strip. But you have pointed me in the right direction!

Thanks again

Steve

Top Bottom