Dualit toasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are they any good?

The fact that all spares are available, they are British made (but expensive), and a lot of commercial places have them, all appeal to me.

I do, where I can, like to buy expensive electricals that can be repaired and are of decent build quality.

Thanking you

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I do, where I can, like to buy expensive electricals that can be repaired and are of decent build quality.

This is exactly why we bought a four slice Dualit toaster. We've had ours repaired once in about ten years, I think it was for a heating element. I'd recommend them.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My sister has one and I used it for the first time last Christmas. I was totally under-awed by it. Mind you, I'm totally under-awed by Dysons, Bose and other style victim brands.
My Morphy Richards makes far better toast but we do have to hide it when we have visitors.

wonderloaf

Veteran
We've had two from John Lewis that got sent back because the elements blew. Luckily JL don't quibble so we got our money back and we bought a De Longhi which has been very reliable but also very s..l..o..w.

OldShep

Über Member
First came across one in Kingussie hostel over 30 yrs ago and I wanted one.
Realised the dream about10 years ago and no regrets or problems Great toast every morning.
Ridiculed by a SiL at the time for paying so much for a toaster. After around 5 yrs I said"isn’t that about the third 'cheap' toaster you’ve had in 5 yrs?" I notice they have a Dualit now and I smile and say nothing.

Smudge

Veteran
They look cool on your kitchen worktop, but there's no way i'd pay that for a toaster. Also, with that manual lift, i'd be burning toast all the time. Unless they have auto ones now ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Does it do Warburton's slicess in one go. If so, it's a winner.

I wouldn't pay over the odds, we've got a Philips stainless and black plastic one. The cat threw up into the last one (don't ask - cat climbing kitchen cupboards, decided to be sick, all over worktop and inside the toaster. Bye bye toaster).

OP
OP
I
The one I`ve got now is terrible, it is so painfully slow that by the time the toast has started to brown the whole lot has dried out and turned to concrete. The elements don`t even glow like I would expect, so it`s obviously nowhere near hot enough.

And as for doing crumpets.........I need half a day to spare:wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'vegot one. As above, it ain't quick. Had it 12 or 13 years this year and its starting to get flaky, having to turn the setting g ever higher to brown the toast to the same degree.

Gunk

Guru
We’ve had a two slice chrome Dualit for over 25 years now and they are well worth the money. I did take a sharp intake of breath when Mrs Gunk told me how much it cost but a very simple uncomplicated design, easy to repair and genuinely made to last a lifetime. I would recommend one.

Our Siemens Porsche kettle however is a posh piece of shite, over priced and badly made.

gbb

Legendary Member
We had one at my last employers. I was there 10 years so it was probably older than that and it was still going when we shut down. I replaced an element a couple times...relatively straight forward and cheap to do (back then at least).
I always fancied one but find the cost hard to swallow. I guess it's the kind of thing you just jump in and buy, then enjoy it.

PK99

Legendary Member
We have a 4 slice non industrial Dualit. Must be at least 15 years old. Element blew 6 months out of warranty, but Dualit repaired free anyway.

Top Bottom