Dualit toasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
call me old fashioned but i just use the grill :ohmy:

Grill - pah! What was wrong with a toasting fork in front of the fire? You can see what you are doing so less likely to burn the toast as well

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I had one in a previous life. They have an appeal, work quite well, but are too expensive for what they are. An element blew but it was easy enough to replace. I quite like the timer thing and being able to peep at your toast by lifting the handle. If I did buy another it'd have wide slots for crumpets and toasties. Would I buy another - maybe, but it's a lot of dosh for a toaster that isn't especially better than a cheap one

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It seems to me that it's a good job that the element can be replaced, looks like a common fault.

I think I first used them in the messes when I was serving, probably early 90s, I remember them making very bad, uneven toast, always with black charred areas alongside white uncooked bits. I'd hope they're better than that now. I remember wondering who this Dualit company were and the mess manager told me they were pretty expensive, but it was because they were catering specific toasters designed for constant use for hours at a time, rather than home use.

I've got some cheapish Morphy Richards thing, between that and the grill I feel I'm covered.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nothing beats the flavour of toast done on an open fire.

I don't light my fire very often, but toast on it is a real treat when I do.

My attempt at roasting chestnuts was less successful.

Several of them exploded, pinging chestnut shrapnel around the room.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What’s wrong with an open fire and a fork?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My sister has one and I used it for the first time last Christmas. I was totally under-awed by it. Mind you, I'm totally under-awed by Dysons, Bose and other style victim brands.
My Morphy Richards makes far better toast but we do have to hide it when we have visitors.
Right on both counts you are. Marketing excellence they display.

MarkF

Guru
I bought one last year, one of the best things I've ever bought. I don't like fakery, chromed plastic knobs, retro plastic etc.

The timer is ace, it "clicks"! & if you use the same bread you don't need to use the "lift" feature to check once you know how long it takes. It's a design icon and forever repairable and thus, cheap lMO.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
If I were minded to go along the Dualit line, shall we say, I'd be going here for a proper commercial job, both cheaper than a Dualit (X much) and also infinitely repairable. Reassuringly heavy too (a kilo heavier than a Dualit 6 slice, never mind the 4), which indicates a robust chassis underneath.

It's also got the merit of not being a Dualit, at least in my eyes ^_^

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/rowlett-p..._63901011506_321523756444_pla-855996094795_t_

Top Bottom