Dumb question for SS DIY newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yes. Did that on my ss, which has a 105 chainset and just the inner ring.

Thank you. I noticed that if you buy a specific 'single speed' crankset it's a lot more expensive!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
So... just to break this down for a simpleton like me - if I buy a standard front crank and chain ring I could take it apart, discard the smaller ring, discard the ring bolts and fix it back together using the ring bolts you linked to above?

Discard? Discard???? Don't ever come on here complaining about being hard up again! ^_^

I guess another benefit of this approach would be easy adjustment of the chainline, if your bottom bracket isn't the optimal length.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I found being able to move the position of the cog around relative to the spacers very handy when trying to get the chainline right.

uploadfromtaptalk1359460444784.jpg

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I can’t work out how to copy a quote to my reply but although I don’t need to change the wheels, I wanted to go for a different look and I saw a folder with some Skyway Tuffs on and I loved it, so I wanted to do something similar with my bike, go for a retro look as opposed to the current racer look it has.
Good news is the 2013 Ltd Ed 20’’ Skyways I ordered have now been shipped so I should have them in about 2 weeks from the USA, depending how long UK customs takes to process, which can be about a week or so anyway, groan

Thanks for the tips and commentary, all appreciated and noted, thanks

Top Bottom